Majestic Landscapes Cruise

Josiecyc

Plus, there were a couple of Live threads posted last summer. (We are headed there in June)

Hello from Bergen  (2019 Live thread/ lots of info about shorex taken)

Live from Viking Sky Iceland majestic landscapes

#9  great review of the Iceland pre/post extension

Iceland - pre/post Viking cruise extensions

#16  -- photos of shorex price list (with departure times) for 2019. This info is accurate for the named sailing only and may very well change on subsequent sailings. 

#44  -- posted in a roll call, review of tours

#24#25 

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Hello from Bergen  (2019 Live thread/ lots of info about shorex taken)

Thanks for remembering me Peregrina651 .. unfortunately I had to go offline for the last few days of the cruise and also the Reykjavik extension and didn't get to finish what I started.

I should just add - we did the 2 day extension with Viking and it was well worthwhile. We stayed at the Grand rather than the Hilton and despite my hesitations (some poor reviews etc) it was fine.

The Blue Lagoon was a fabulous experience - but Viking did not offer the Golden Circle excursion and we booked it direct with a local company - Arctic Adventures. It was a very good day and again well worthwhile.

We enjoyed Reykjavik and I trust you will as well.

I don't normally do restaurant recommendations ... but if you want to try real 'local' food try 'Matur og Drykkur' – the Halibut soup was a fantastic Appertizer and our mains were wonderful (I think I had lamb ?).

The cruise was outstanding and I hope all who are on-board this year have a great time.

Regards, LM

20 minutes ago, Little Monty said:

Thanks for remembering me Peregrina651

Hey, LM how are you doing? Haven't seen your name here in a while. Maybe I'm just not reading he right threads.

My memory is terrible. The link is actually from a list of links that I started keeping just after I booked the cruise last June, so that I would be able to find this stuff again when I started to work on the arranging tours. There was so much info posted last summer that I had to keep a list of things to go back to. And, so I wouldn't lose the list, it is actually posted on the June 3, 2020 roll call --start from the end to find the most recent iteration of the list

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Hey, LM how are you doing? Haven't seen your name here in a while. Maybe I'm just not reading he right threads.

well hello to you too !

I had some family dramas which took up any spare time I had towards the end of the Iceland cruise (sending / responding to emails etc) and those dramas took a while to resolve.

DW and I did 'Empires of the Med' a couple of weeks after Iceland (it was fabulous, as was the 4-day Greece extension) and I never posted once - again all my time dealing with other issues.

I have only posted in CC once in about 8 months.

However, those dramas are long forgotten and I am avidly reading the Viking Ocean Forum again and will chip in with comments occasionally.

Our next booking is for South America in late November 2020.

I will be following your live posts from your upcoming cruise with great interest.

Kind regards, LM