Is Celebrity moving towards Non-Refundable deposits?

Elusive_Cruiser

1 hour ago, az_tchr said:

FYI offering a "better fare" is not allowed by the contracts between TAs and cruise lines. A TA may have group fares and is allowed to "share" their commission as they like.

Yes, I agree it is splitting hairs but that is the way it is.

It is not splitting hairs, IMO, just statement of facts or realities...

For many of us who choose or look for TA's to book through, we look at it as being a 'better fare' regardless of how it gets below the 'published rate'... We look at it as being offered more OBC, regardless of how it gets there. We look at it as more Perks, regardless of how it gets there.

Many of us do not know or really care about the back office nuts and bolts for the presentation, only that it works for our goals and booking.

Which means to me that it possibly can be similar in the UK/Europe for individuals to book there for lower fares, more OBC and/or more Perks. Unless there are laws or traditions which prohibit this type of 'pass through' or bundling or whatever we want to refer to it as, overall.

I Am not going for technical here only what may be possible based on what is currently on offer here in the U.S. in terms of the above from a variety of sources.

Thank you for your input regardless and bon voyage

14 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

It is not splitting hairs, IMO, just statement of facts or realities...

For many of us who choose or look for TA's to book through, we look at it as being a 'better fare' regardless of how it gets below the 'published rate'... We look at it as being offered more OBC, regardless of how it gets there. We look at it as more Perks, regardless of how it gets there.

Many of us do not know or really care about the back office nuts and bolts for the presentation, only that it works for our goals and booking.

Which means to me that it possibly can be similar in the UK/Europe for individuals to book there for lower fares, more OBC and/or more Perks. Unless there are laws or traditions which prohibit this type of 'pass through' or bundling or whatever we want to refer to it as, overall.

I Am not going for technical here only what may be possible based on what is currently on offer here in the U.S. in terms of the above from a variety of sources.

Thank you for your input regardless and bon voyage

In my view there is no reason that individuals in other parts of the world  can’t receive many of the same perks booking through a TA or indeed Celebrity in their own country, I’m a big believer that you should never need to go through a US ta. It’s always been possible for Celebrity to offer many of the same deals, only lately two perks in the UK and I believe three or four perks in the US.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:05 AM, laslomas said:

Surely this is what travel insurance is for. Could it be cheaper to get an annual policy and pay the lower prices for non-refundable deposit?? The policy would then cover you for any other more local trips you make within the U.S. too. 

Because of his age trip insurance is expensive and also I have to book the type that covers pre-existing conditions so that is added cost as well. We are not cruising like we use to..sometimes up to 5 cruises a year. We are now down to 2. But thank you for the suggestion and I will look into that!!