Freedom/Galveston VS Glory/NOLA

Raxter54

We just came back from our Allure OTS cruise out of Ft Lauderdale (nice ship, lots to do, but a bit too big for us). We're looking to book our 2021 cruise, and want to do a smaller ship from either Galveston or NOLA. Our choices have basically come down to the Freedom out of Galveston or the Glory out of NOLA. We have sailed out of both ports before, and like them. I guess our deciding factor is the ships. Which would you chose, Freedom or Glory? I now they are the same class of ship, but looking for those intangibles that make for a good cruise. Opinions?

1 hour ago, Raxter54 said:

We just came back from our Allure OTS cruise out of Ft Lauderdale (nice ship, lots to do, but a bit too big for us). We're looking to book our 2021 cruise, and want to do a smaller ship from either Galveston or NOLA. Our choices have basically come down to the Freedom out of Galveston or the Glory out of NOLA. We have sailed out of both ports before, and like them. I guess our deciding factor is the ships. Which would you chose, Freedom or Glory? I now they are the same class of ship, but looking for those intangibles that make for a good cruise. Opinions?

What are the itineraries? That could easily be the deciding factor.

I preferred Glory over Freedom...but I'm not incredibly picky either, ha! Both are nice ships, and as stated above, I think the itineraries would be my deciding factor. Although I'd much rather sail out of NO than Galveston. I know, that probably wasn't much help 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Raxter54 said:

The usual Western Caribbean ports. 3 each of either Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan.

Ok... Um... not super informative. I have to assume both go to Cozumel.

YMMV, but IMO, my rank order for the other ports

Cayman Islands

Roatan

Belize

Jamaica

No idea what the combination is for which ship on the choices you have.

7 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Ok... Um... not super informative. I have to assume both go to Cozumel.

YMMV, but IMO, my rank order for the other ports

Cayman Islands

Roatan

Belize

Jamaica

No idea what the combination is for which ship on the choices you have.

The cruises we are looking at all contain Cozumel (yay Nachi Cocom). The rest of the ports are not important. Guess I'm looking more for opinions on the 2 ships....

Just now, Raxter54 said:

The cruises we are looking at all contain Cozumel (yay Nachi Cocom). The rest of the ports are not important. Guess I'm looking more for opinions on the 2 ships....

Carry on.

Since the two ships are so similar, for me it would be about the ports to make the decision. That, or cost if it was much different. If neither of these things matter to you, then I guess I have no advice. Hopefully someone has a strong enough opinion one way or the other about the slight differences.