Wait time to board

KimPossible1

This was our first Norwegian cruise and I just wanted to let people know what we experienced.  We boarded last Saturday 2/22 on the Norwegian Sun out of Port Canaveral, and it was a few minutes shy of 2 hours from parking to stepping on the boat.  We parked and got out of the car at 12:20pm and walked on the ship at 2:13pm. That is the longest we've ever waited to get on a boat.  The line was continuous from security to check-in.  Once at the check-in counter they took the passports and went to another table where they checked every page of every passport.  The cruise was very nice though and we had a good time, but ran into a problem with debarkation also...the boat docked at a different terminal which meant we had to line up again, get on buses to get back to where we parked.  That was an extra 45 minutes till we were back to the car. These things are minimal in the grand scheme butI wanted to let people know what could happen. 🙂

I am not surprised to hear about longer time periods for embarkation since the coronavirus broke out. For safety reasons, it makes sense for cruise-lines to carefully check passenger’s point of origin, travel history and health status. Unfortunately, these tasks conducted for thousands of people are time consuming.

In my opinion, a two hour wait is a small price to pay for a worry free cruise.

44 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

I am not surprised to hear about longer time periods for embarkation since the coronavirus broke out. For safety reasons, it makes sense for cruise-lines to carefully check passenger’s point of origin, travel history and health status. Unfortunately, these tasks conducted for thousands of people are time consuming.

In my opinion, a two hour wait is a small price to pay for a worry free cruise.

Well better that than quarantine.

Surprised about those times for the SUN - would expect that from larger ships in the fleet -

but then this ugly virus upped it's head and trying to control the spread of it offers new challenges.