Over drinking family member unlimited drinks

I've seen 6 beers consumed by one person at dinner time too.  They came in with one and continued to be served two beers every time the waiter checked on our table, and that person wasn't slurring their words or being disruptive.  

Again this goes back to what one might find annoyingly inebriated might not be the same for another.  Also while 6 beers might seem excessive to some at dinner time, might not be to another.  It's very subjective, and I see why it might be hard for bartenders to enforce.  

I was on a cruise once where a gentleman drank too much and decided to vomit over the edge of the ship, and fell off the ship, into the ocean.  

He wasn't discovered missing until the next day, mid morning, when his friends couldn't find him.  He was lost at sea.  We were docked in St. Thomas until 11 pm so the ship could work with the FBI, etc.

One would think that every cruise ship would have a clause that stated that they reserved the right to stop serving someone whim is inebriated.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:20 AM, MericaAR15 said:

Yes, your logic is flawed.  You basically stated that RCI should pay more attention/take action to avoid potential lawsuits. 

Windows and balconies aren't safe; people have fallen, intentionally or otherwise, which resulted in great bodily harm, up to and including death.  Therefore, RCI should take action to prevent this, right?

Yes, of course I've read about the little girl.  It was 100% the grandfather's fault, not RCIs.

I'm referring to this incident about someone being drunk and it being reported. Yes at this time Royal should have looked into it. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. I don't know. Do I think Royal should have to do this? Not at all. People should be responsible for their own actions, but unfortunately a lot of them aren't and they try to put the blame elsewhere. Royal should have a vested interest in this, because their could be a potential lawsuit. 

Don't put words in my mouth when they aren't there. Again I'm referring to the drunk person. If Royal is following the standard maritime rules (or which ever they have to go by) they don't need to do anything with the windows and balconies. Again it's the stupid people that make them unsafe when they do something stupid. I'm not saying that they are actually unsafe. I'm saying that balcony or window becomes unsafe at that time to the person who does something stupid. Maybe I'm not explaining myself to where you can understand. Maybe I should say that the person makes it unsafe at the time they do something stupid.

BTW, I'm 100% in agreement with you about Chloe and that it's not at all Royals fault. That window became unsafe for her at that time, but it actually had nothing to do with the window. It had everything to do with the stupidity of her step grandfather. I am still hoping that Royal shows them the door and doesn't give them a penny.