Ovation March 14th Sri Lanka

oceanviewer21

I don't know. I'm just assuming the second leg, though marketed as a stand-alone, will not be cancelled until the last possible moment. Otherwise Ovation will sail empty for Athens and the start of the Med season, where who knows what mayhem awaits. In any case, won't she want to dock in Dubai for fuel/crew/supplies?

We really fancy the Dubai-Athens leg (never been to Israel) but even if Seabourn offered us a freebie I don't think we'd go.  There are just too many uncertainties.  A Silversea ship has just been denied landing at Tristan da Cunha (remotest island on the planet) even though the ship has spent the last three months in Antarctica.  It's crazy out there.  Crazy here, too.

Edited by Fletcher

2 hours ago, teamflames said:

So the 2nd leg is still open? I have seen a lot of people asking. Those on b2b seem to suggest the letter applied to both but those on 2nd leg didn’t get a letter?

According to Seabourn, Dubai to Athens is currently "in review". Dubai is not accepting any cruise ships now. I think Dubai to Athens segment may get cancelled.

30 minutes ago, germanshep said:

According to Seabourn, Dubai to Athens is currently "in review". Dubai is not accepting any cruise ships now. I think Dubai to Athens segment may get cancelled.

Appreciate the update. Interesting that sailing is under review but our Encore SL to Dubai cruise was cancelled for Apr 17 sailing, which is after the Ovation would be leaving Dubai.

So what was the catalyst for the Encore cancellation, India only closed until Mar 31 at this point, Dubai unknown but we wouldn’t arrive until you left. Had SL flipped and banned embarking as well? 
Probably a combination of all those ports with uncertainty, whereas the 2nd legs have a different itinerary altogether. Intriguing but wise.