FCC cannot be used for deposit?

twentyknots

So, my understanding from talking with my TA today is if I cancel my Celebrity cruise scheduled for April 13 we will receive a FCC of $4254.  While on the phone with her we looked at a November sailing that today costs $4774.  It has a $900 deposit.  I asked how this would be handled and she said we'd put down the $900 and not have any final payment as we have more than enough FCC to cover it.  Will they refund the $380 I asked.  She said no.   

Is she correct?

6 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

So, my understanding from talking with my TA today is if I cancel my Celebrity cruise scheduled for April 13 we will receive a FCC of $4254.  While on the phone with her we looked at a November sailing that today costs $4774.  It has a $900 deposit.  I asked how this would be handled and she said we'd put down the $900 and not have any final payment as we have more than enough FCC to cover it.  Will they refund the $380 I asked.  She said no.   

Is she correct?

Well Royal just suspended all sailings for their companies for 30 days effective midnight tonight, so your cruise may have just been cancelled

Agree, your cruise might be cancelled (and you'd likely get a refund rather than FCC).  But if not, I do think she's right as I've heard that from several others who were surprised they had to put a deposit down.  You can use the FCC for excursions I think.

40 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Well Royal just suspended all sailings for their companies for 30 days effective midnight tonight, so your cruise may have just been cancelled

Unless they extend the suspension, my cruise will begin the day after the 30 day suspension ends.

7 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

Unless they extend the suspension, my cruise will begin the day after the 30 day suspension ends.

Right now if you try booking a cabin on your cruise it comes up with no rooms available (indicates that the booking is being adjusted). For our cruise on the 21 April there are still rooms.

Talk to your TA, this has only just come into effect, and have her look at cruises cancelled by Celebrity.

Cheers, heather

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 1