New England And Canadian Cruise

Frenchkona

We are scheduled for the June 16th cruise to these areas. With the recent ban on ships from the Canadian government, I guess that cruise will probably get canceled. I really hate That because we got a great deal with 4 perks and a Family Veranda cabin. Doesn’t look good. 

Not happening as things stand. No passenger ships over 500 pax will be allowed to sail from or even visit Canadian ports before July 1st.

This is potentially killing the 2020 Alaska season, which only runs May thru September, so it's hat and miss as to whether there will be a season at all this year.

We were actually booked on Princess for May 17th out of Vancouver to Alaska, so we're SOL too (great deal - we're X cruisers normally!).

Don't count your June 16 Canadian cruise out. The good news is you have 3 months to go. We are the cruise before you. A lot can happen before then. Our and your itinerary could change to New England and Bermuda.  I am sure Celebrity is exploring their options. Just a guess! Last year we did that cruise, so don't loose hope! 

3 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Don't count your June 16 Canadian cruise out. The good news is you have 3 months to go. We are the cruise before you. A lot can happen before then. Our and your itinerary could change to New England and Bermuda.  I am sure Celebrity is exploring their options. Just a guess! Last year we did that cruise, so don't loose hope! 

I would certainly wait until final payment date. A few weeks should make things a bit clearer. I do agree with others that most likely your cruise will not happen.

16 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Canada is out until at the earliest July 01, 2020 - this is the minimum date set by the Government of Canada.  It could be extended further than that date.

Itineraries could change for those sailings, but don’t expect them to include any Canadian Ports of Call.

1021229604_ScreenShot2020-03-14at12_31_32PM.png.aa54d5d0094475333f98edfd74a299cc.png