FCC Applied - Then Change Cruise

Going through so many "what if" scenarios....and just want to understand the rules for different FCCs (if anyone knows).

We have 2 kinds of FCC

1. FCC from our cruise last year where we missed CoCo Cay due to Dorian.  It must be applied by Aug 2020, but I hear when it is re-issued, we will have until Oct 2020 to apply it.  It has no "cruise by" date for applying
  2. FCC from coronavirus.  Currently have 1 FCC for a cancelled cruise, but probably will another for our August cruise.  This FCC type has to be applied to a cruise sailed by Dec 31, 2021.

Someone commented on another thread that you can only apply 1 FCC/person/cruise.  True?

We currently have 1 other cruise booked in 2020, 2 cruises booked in 2021.

We also have 1 cruise booked in 2022 (refundable).

Since the FCC from Dorian has no cruise by date, it makes sense to apply it to the 2022 cruise.

We had our Anthem cruise in March cancelled.  It's now re-booked for December....but of course, that isn't 100% (even if ships are sailing we need to evaluate the current state).

We really want to try Anthem.  So in the case where we also need to cancel Anthem in December, I'm thinking we book it for 2022 in place of our existing cruise.

So....what happens if we apply the FCC from Dorian to the 2022 cruise, and then we end up changing that 2022 cruise to a different cruise (same/similar date, different ship)?

Will we be re-issued the FCC (or applied to the changed cruise)?  Or it will be gone since it's past Oct 2020?

Edited by LuCruise

35 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

So....what happens if we apply the FCC from Dorian to the 2022 cruise, and then we end up changing that 2022 cruise to a different cruise (same/similar date, different ship)?

Will we be re-issued the FCC (or applied to the changed cruise)?  Or it will be gone since it's past Oct 2020?

My guess is it would be lost as it would be removed from the booking and then past the expiry date.  Call to confirm though.  Also ask about the multiple FCC’s, they may be making exceptions. 

Thank you both. That's kind of what I suspect, and Ken as you say, they may make exceptions for multiple FCCs.

Not making any decisions yet anyways, but just wondering for an idea.  Guess we have until Oct to decide and may have a better idea about the existing Dec Anthem booking at that point.

• Like 1