New to CC + Solo

resjes

Hi all. Hope everyone is safe and well. . 

I am hoping to book an April 2021 cruise on Equinox. https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/itinerary-84115/

I am a solo traveler and have been on RCCL. Looking for a smaller ship..and one that takes hygiene importantly..as I'm sure it will be a top priority now more than ever.

When is the best time to buy a CC cruise? Should I wait until a holiday sale or should I go ahead and book now?

I want a balcony..hopefully. And not near a smoke deck. 

Please share your cabin recommendations for the Equinox.

Any perks I should buy as well? I need high speed internet for my business, do I need to buy higher bandwidth?

TIA!

17 minutes ago, resjes said:

Hi all. Hope everyone is safe and well. . 

I am hoping to book an April 2021 cruise on Equinox. https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/itinerary-84115/

I am a solo traveler and have been on RCCL. Looking for a smaller ship..and one that takes hygiene importantly..as I'm sure it will be a top priority now more than ever.

When is the best time to buy a CC cruise? Should I wait until a holiday sale or should I go ahead and book now?

I want a balcony..hopefully. And not near a smoke deck. 

Please share your cabin recommendations for the Equinox.

Any perks I should buy as well? I need high speed internet for my business, do I need to buy higher bandwidth?

TIA!

Celebrity only has a couple of places where smoking is allowed and all are on the port side outside, suggest you book starboard or even numbered.   Equinox is a great ship.   

Edited by dkjretired

As you have specific desires regarding cabin, and given the April, 2021 sailing date; I'd suggest you book now, using a refundable deposit (currently the only type available).  This will allow you to pick from the widest possible selection of rooms. 

Then, since your final payment is not due until January, 2021; you can watch for any price drops, or advantageous promotions, and re-book to take advantage of tem, while keeping your desired room. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I would recommend booking a 1A cabin--they have larger balconies.  They are located on the slant off the hump.  Look at the deck plans.  And on the even-number or starboard side as Don recommends.

I sail solo all the time.  Ask for a table for 6 to share in the main dining room with select dining and you will meet other people.

Equinox is indeed a great ship.  Who knows when the best time to book is?  I guess when you feel comfortable with the price being charged for the cabin you want.