Transferring Deposit to New Cruise

bbtondo

I'm new to Viking Ocean.  We have a Aus/NZ tour booked for Jan 2021.  We are not making final payment when it is due and will cancel.  When we booked we only put down $500 per couple down on the cruise as that was the promotion at that time.  Would I be able to transfer that $500 deposit to the same cruise in 2022?  And when would the final payment be due for 2022? I know I can call Viking and ask, I'm just wondering what other people have experienced. 

51 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I'm new to Viking Ocean.  We have a Aus/NZ tour booked for Jan 2021.  We are not making final payment when it is due and will cancel.  When we booked we only put down $500 per couple down on the cruise as that was the promotion at that time.  Would I be able to transfer that $500 deposit to the same cruise in 2022?  And when would the final payment be due for 2022? I know I can call Viking and ask, I'm just wondering what other people have experienced. 

Probably, but you’ll need to add another $500 as that promo is no more.

We just recently transferred a deposit from a cruise for this October to a different one for April of 2021 (fingers crossed). The process was seemless, and we only owed a small additional balance because the insurance was more since the trip was longer and more expensive.

The final payment due date will depend. We already have another cruise booked for fall of 2021, and for customers who have a second cruise on the books, Viking will allow a six month before departure final payment date.That is what we were given, though I think I had to mention that to the agent. If this does not apply to you, you would very likely be looking at a year in advance payment.

13 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:We already have another cruise booked for fall of 2021, and for customers who have a second cruise on the books, Viking will allow a six month before departure final payment date.That is what we were given, though I think I had to mention that to the agent. If this does not apply to you, you would very likely be looking at a year in advance payment.

This is mostly true. And you do have to ask for the 6 month payment because their software automatically defaults to the sooner date. If you book for 2022 and don’t ask, your payment date will be 12/31/20 - so it could be more than a year. The standard payment dates are addressed on Vikings website. On Friday, I booked a April 2022 cruise and our Viking agent, who automatically gives us 6 months as we always have bookings, forgot to change the date. When I reviewed the booking document and saw 12/31/20, I emailed him and it was changed in less than 5 minutes.

We had already fully paid for a Viking river cruise for Sept. 2020 (Passion Play) which had a special air discount as well as a cruise discount.  We cancelled in February and transferred the cruise portion to an ocean cruise in 2021 and deleted the air. The new cruise was slightly higher in cost than the the river cruise. Since we deleted the air Viking credited our CC  for the difference in what we had already paid  and the cost for the new trip.  We had purchased insurance through Insure My Trip rather than Viking and were able to transfer that insurance to the new cruise also, with a slight increase in cost due to the new trip being longer and higher in cost.  The Viking change was handled by our TA and was taken finalized the same day she called Viking. And the refund was received 21 days later as Viking had said it would be. I am very impressed with the process.  We are dealing with other cancellations that are not happening as smoothly and quickly. 

• Like 1