Request Extending Deadline of (Pre-COVID) FCC Certificates

JennAngel9

Hi All,

We had an overall lovely cruise on the Eclipse back over Christmas of 2018 (feels like an eternity ago) but due to a problem with our stateroom that it took them a couple days to fix, we got a substantial FCC that needed to be used by Dec 2020, and cannot be used on holiday sailings (when we typically cruise).  We planned to use it (and actually applied it) on a July 2020 Europe trip, but because multiple members of our party are high risk, we are not going to be able to sail this summer or likely this fall. 

We are hoping to all be able to cruise together by next summer and I'm hoping Celebrity will honor the 2018 FCC (along with the 2019 FCC, from the deposits of our now cancelled 2020 cruise) through at least 2021.  If the global health situation improves we would happily sail this fall or winter.  If it matters, we are Captains Club Elite (approaching Elite+).  

Has anybody had success with this? Any tips whom I should reach out to? 

Thanks!

Who you should reach out to is largely dependent upon whether you've booked directly with Celebrity, or through a TA.  If through a TA, that's your contact.  If direct, I would suggest starting by calling the Captain's Club number (800-760-0654).  If they can't help directly, you'll want to speak to someone in the Resolutions Dept. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does your FCC say “sail by” or “book by” December 2020?  I had a similar situation with Royal Caribbean.  I had used a FCC to book a March cruise which was then cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  My FCC said I had to “sail by” November 2020.  I sent an email requesting an extension as I would not be able to travel by November due to the current situation. They did not extend the date, but they changed the wording from “sail by” to “book by” so now as long as it’s booked by November I can actually cruise whenever. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help so far.

RosieRoo-- would you mind letting me know the email address you used to request it? I think booking by the end of the year is very doable, although DH and I both have very demanding jobs and it might be hard to predict when we can travel in 2021, we can give it a shot.

Omeinv-- we got the old FCC directly from our Michael's Club host on board the Eclipse (it's an actual printed out paper), though I'm sure that cruise was booked through a TA.  We then applied it to our July 2020 cruise through a different (awful) TA, who made it extremely difficult to cancel under the cruise with confidence program.  So we currently have no cruises booked.  Do we need to go through the prior awful TA?

42 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

RosieRoo-- would you mind letting me know the email address you used to request it? I think booking by the end of the year is very doable, although DH and I both have very demanding jobs and it might be hard to predict when we can travel in 2021, we can give it a shot.

Omeinv-- we got the old FCC directly from our Michael's Club host on board the Eclipse (it's an actual printed out paper), though I'm sure that cruise was booked through a TA.  We then applied it to our July 2020 cruise through a different (awful) TA, who made it extremely difficult to cancel under the cruise with confidence program.  So we currently have no cruises booked.  Do we need to go through the prior awful TA?

No, if you've got the certificate, and the new booking is not with a TA, you should be able to deal directly with Celebrity, which is going to be easier I think. 

Harris

Denver, CO

2 hours ago, omeinv said:

No, if you've got the certificate, and the new booking is not with a TA, you should be able to deal directly with Celebrity, which is going to be easier I think. 

Harris

Denver, CO

That is my hope.  I haven't done anything since we exercised our "Cruise with Confidence" options so I don't know if I need to go through the TA for the more recent credit or not--but that is not the one I'm worried about expiring. 

We received a FCC after a problem with our room last September, booking needed to be made towards the end of this year for a sailing towards the end of 2021 so two years to sail. We booked for February 2021 but may have to move it to Feb 2022 which I guess means we will lose ours. The thing is we booked directly with Celebrity, the FCC was only added later when we contacted a rep from customer services. You would probably be able to do the same.

13 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

On the advice of someone here at cruise critic, I emailed the executive office at Royal Caribbean, which is basically the presidents office. They replied within a week. It would be a different email for Celebrity since they have a different president. Maybe someone here can help with that email. 
Since no one is cruising at the moment and you are missing out on months of being able to use the certificate, I would think they’d be a little flexible. 
Best of luck. 

• Like 1

That would be great if someone has a contact for the executive office.  For now, we're trying their posted emails for guest experience (which I think is what used to be Captain's Club?) and their special needs line (since part of the problem is our kids' health condition).  I'll report back when I hear anything.  

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you wrk2cruise!  I'll forward it along to them if I don't hear anything in the next few days from the Captain's Club folks.

(I also work to cruise, when I went back to work after having our kids, I negotiated with my husband that the majority of my salary would go towards travel budget. 😉 )

Edited by JennAngel9

1 hour ago, JennAngel9 said:

(I also work to cruise, when I went back to work after having our kids, I negotiated with my husband that the majority of my salary would go towards travel budget. 😉 )

Same. I had money direct deposited into my vacation account. I paid for the twice yearly family vacations that way for years 😊

• Like 1