Moving a current sailing deposit and then Lift and Shift?

12 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I have used a big box ta as well.  through this covid policy and rules etc  I have found them very under par. Long wait times, many many errors and the knowledge isn't there.  For eg I wanted to shift a Dec 6 2020 to a Jan 2 2022 and was told no it has to be one year difference.  I had to firmly tell them it did fit the  1 year and +/- 4 week time frame.  I am leaning towards a good independent ta that people seem very happy with.

It’s not just the big box TA’s that get it wrong.  I had a Royal Rep tell me only cruises departing before Aug 1 could be shifted, another said it only applied to the same class of ship.  This past week was better.  It was just information overload with something completely new coupled with everyone working from home that made the first week very trying for all.  

Training a diverse group of people is difficult at the best of times.  Doing it when people are working from home even more so.  One rep told me that it was a 25 page document they had.  Add training webinars into the mix where interruptions and distractions  from spouses, kids, pets etc...and it’s easy to see why there was so much discrepancy happening.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doing it when people are working from home even more so.

With south Florida and other places opening this week I assume some may be going back to the office soon.

Edited by Biker19

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

With south Florida and other places opening this week I assume some may be going back to the office soon.

Some may but I’m guessing that most reps continue to work from home for a while longer.  I think there are other areas that need access to the physical office more than the CSR’s.  The majority of call center employees are also in Oregon...not sure what they are doing.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some may but I’m guessing that most reps continue to work from home for a while longer.  I think there are other areas that need access to the physical office more than the CSR’s.  The majority of call center employees are also in Oregon...not sure what they are doing.  

I'd like to send the IT workers back. Ever since the new port screen to check off, the little screen where I used to be able to check the box I was a senior, still gives me a message I've entered a invalid code. So then I have to go thru the screen on top. If I enter the information in order, date then ship, the date dissapears, I have to skip to ship then go back and enter date to get both in. 

When they added the new screens they messed other stuff up. I spent 3 hours one night finding those good feb senior rates. There should be a easier way to see senior rates.