specialty dining package - (prepaid) gratuities

StevenMar

There is something strange about the OP.  The unlimited dining has been discontinued for a number of years now.  When it was available, you could only buy it onboard but it wasn't available on every cruise.  The only unlimited dining package comes with the Royal or Penthouse suites.   Maybe the OP meant to say a 7 night dining package.  I have a hard time believing that the OP.

14 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

The OP — Steven Mar — never said “unlimited” 

Indeed, I will book the dinner package for the full cruise. I noticed that for my upcoming 11n cruise, the max I can buy is 10n. I assume that this is because there's a offer available for the first night, which I will book on top, so I got the entire cruise covered.

This means I can go 10 times to a specialty restaurant, I will be on the Silhouette and will alternate between Murano, Tuscan, Lawn grill. Petit Chef should be booked onboard if I understood well and I may go to Sushi on 5 for lunch (will not use the dinner package for that).

1 hour ago, tanzania2015 said:

Look at post #4.  It references unlimited package twice.

You continue to confuse me. Post #4 wasn't written by the OP, and only mentions unlimited package once:

On 5/29/2020 at 3:58 PM, WAMarathoner said:

We generally tip as we would in any restaurant, and we have the unlimited package for the next cruise... which is why we'll be taking off the $14.50 pp per day auto-gratuity.  Won't be using the dining room or buffet and prefer to tip our room steward directly (gift cards so they don't have to be turned in.)  In our experience, it is the better waiters who get the specialty restaurants.

Now wondering about the wisdom of the Ultimate Package, though.  Been on hold an ungodly amount of time trying to ask about it, but the website would appear that only two restaurants are now included -- one of which dh doesn't like.  Sort of wishing I had not bothered to do RCCL this time and remained with Princess.