Tahiti Tourism Protocol Starting July 15

dandee2

@njhoreseman    I enjoy your posts. You always seem to get straight to the meat of newly released information.

Just curious. Do you have deposits on any cruises currently, or anything you're considering for the future?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

@njhoreseman    I enjoy your posts. You always seem to get straight to the meat of newly released information.

Just curious. Do you have deposits on any cruises currently, or anything you're considering for the future?

Thank you for the compliment.

Currently I'm booked on seven cruises totaling 81 days covering virtually the entirety of January, February and March 2021. Nothing exotic or exciting...they are NCL Caribbean cruises from NY. Those cruises were booked long before COVID-19 was discovered.

What I would call our last really exotic cruise was 36 days on Oceania Marina from Miami to Papeete via Easter Island and Pitcairn Island during the winter of 2018. After the long trip home from Tahiti we decided that amount of airplane travel was more than we could ever again tolerate and for the winters of 2019 and 2020 we did long NCL Panama Canal cruises of 42 and 51 days respectively, from NY to California and return.

Barring a miraculously quick release of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine we will cancel each 2021 cruise just prior to each final payment due date of 120 days prior to embarkation. Because our deposits for these cruises are so small...$50 per person per cruise...I decided it wasn't necessary to cancel earlier even though I think it's unlikely we'll actually cruise. Since we have so little money tied up in the deposits I'd rather have that glimmer of hope, as faint as it is, that we'll be able to cruise this coming winter.

Edited by njhorseman

@njhorseman

You don't let any grass grow under your feet. 81 days booked before COVID-19, is quite a bit of time! Who knows what this world has in store for us but hope you get to go on all of those cruises and we get to read reviews. I have May 2021 Wind Spirit and again who knows about that one either, but I booked the same for Nov 2021 to cover bases.

Would have been on a the following portion of your Oceania Papeete to Lima in the winter of 2018 but switched it to a Wind Spirit. Have done the 18 day Oceania Papeete-Hawaii-LA and it was wonderful.

Understand what you mean about having some money on the table giving a glimmer of hope 😉

• Like 1