Lift and shift

jonnyenglish1

Dear all

May i ask on peoples experiences with lift and shift. 

I booked a cruise, uk booking, which included free flights. 

Celebrity have offered a lift and shift alternative, however the perk of free flights as advised by my travel agent are not included. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? 

No where in the lift and shift faq i can see do the mention that flights are not included. It is one of the perks why i booked the cruise! 

Any advice? 

Thankyou in advance 

18 minutes ago, jonnyenglish1 said:

Dear all

May i ask on peoples experiences with lift and shift. 

I booked a cruise, uk booking, which included free flights. 

Celebrity have offered a lift and shift alternative, however the perk of free flights as advised by my travel agent are not included. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? 

No where in the lift and shift faq i can see do the mention that flights are not included. It is one of the perks why i booked the cruise! 

Any advice? 

Thankyou in advance 

I could have written this myself, yes they won’t honour the included flights, I think it is in the t and C’s, they also won’t offer (us anyway) anything to compensate for it, in fact I can’t get the lift and shift to work out for us at all, either the no of nights don’t match, the itinerary next year is on a different class of ship or they don’t have our type of cabin available, can you tell I’m fed up of it 😡😡

Just to clarify, are you saying that Celebrity was giving you free flights, or that your TA sold you a vacation package that included a cruise and free flights? Things may be different in the UK, but here you can purchase flights through Celebrity, not have them provided free.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Just to clarify, are you saying that Celebrity was giving you free flights, or that your TA sold you a vacation package that included a cruise and free flights? Things may be different in the UK, but here you can purchase flights through Celebrity, not have them provided free.

Part of the promotion when we booked was free flights, when you went through the X website you chose your flights and the cost was £0

Without knowing the details of the promotion, it's hard to comment with any exactitude, but it may come down to a question of whether it was deemed a "perk", which L&S would normally allow you to carry over, or whether it was viewed by Celebrity as something other than a perk. Either way, I wish you luck in getting Celebrity to include your flights.

I've seen them market these deals which include flights in the UK...But, also realize the flights aren't really "free"--they are merely "included" in a package.  And, I'm guessing, Celebrity won't offer a "Lift-and-Shift" for those deals because they do not control the air flights or the cost of them.  It would be a sort of blank check to the air provider--and the cost to them would be unknown.  They can offer to match deals which include drink packages or gratuities or internet packages because those are solely within their control.

The "Lift-and-Shift" has specific limitations and they control the offer and any deviations they are willing to make--because they can raise or drop prices on those items, they can adjust offers made in the future, etc.  But they can do nothing about those airfares.  They likely had a deal with an airline or two for low-cost bulk rates on flights between UK airports and cruise embarkation ports--likely with the airlines trying to fill up seats.  The airlines, considering all they are going through right now,  are probably unwilling to make those deals.

Here in the US, those types of deals were not offered.  I booked my air through Celebrity Air--at a VERY good price...But that, also, did NOT Lift-and-Shift with the rest of my cruise deal.  I received a refund on the Air portion and the Lift-and-Shift only covers the cruise.  When flights become available for those cruises that I lifted and shifted to, I MAY find that my air costs have gone up dramatically.

The one place I feel for you is that SOME portion of that fare you paid was likely earmarked to cover the air...HOWEVER, the way it was written up, that airfare was only noted as "free"-so of no discernible value...If there was some way to determine that amount, perhaps the argument could be made that this portion should be refunded outside of the Lift-and-Shift.

Thanks for the replys. It does seem a little unfair and disingenuous by celebrity. Your perks are protected (except free flights which we dont mention). I wonder if celebrity get some refund? The least they could do would be to offer some obc as a replacement.