FCC from X or TA

Margarita Jane

It seems like the best information I have gotten is from CC. So....

We were in Santiago, Chile when our 3/15/20 cruise from San Antonio to San Diego Eclipse Cruise was cancelled less than 24 hours before embarking. I have not received our FCC certificate yet (among other reimbursable items). I was under the impression the FCC certificate would come in an email from Celebrity. But in another call (there have been several) to Celebrity today, the person I spoke with implied the FCC should come from the TA. 

After getting the run around for over 90 days, and many phone calls (where the X person says they will call me back....but never does), I am beyond frustrated. All these promotion emails from X drive me nuts .... no way am I going to book anything until they make me whole from my 3/15/20 cruise. 

But I just want to be sure I am bugging the right person.

Please advise - if you booked through a TA, did your FCC certificate come from the TA or from Celebrity? 

Ours came directly from Celebrity.  Mine was emailed to me however DHs was sent to someone not even booked on our cruise or any Celebrity cruise this year.  Fortunately we had met this person on cruises in 2014 and 2018 and have stayed in touch so she recognized the name on the FCC and forwarded the email to us.  

I would have your TA get involved in this. Our TA followed up for us in early May and tge FCC arrived about 4 days later. We cancelled our cruise on 3/20 and received our FCCs on 5/11.

Edited by jelayne
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your responses. On one of my recent calls to X, “Eric“ told me the FCC would come from my TA, so I wanted to know from fellow CC’ers what their experience was (he also said he would call me back....ha!). I have elevated my calls to the executive desk and they seem to be very helpful. Fingers crossed!

Celebrity issues the FCC's and the travel agent has online access to the fcc once it is issued.  If your travel agent has not been able to access it the fcc has not been issued.

Emails have been hit or miss and usually later than when the voucher is first issued.