Hate to sound trivial about refund but....(regarding Ins)

MudderBear

On 6/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Cruising-along said:

Just don't get it through Allianz 😉 We paid our premium (over $3000) for a 45-day trip/cruise that was cancelled.  We paid for the insurance well before Covid had ever been heard of.  We did not take the trip, but Allianz is refusing to refund the cost of the premium even though they told DH by phone it would be refunded (how I wish we'd gotten that in writing).  Even our credit card company got nowhere with them.  We will not be using Allianz again, that I'm sure of.

Wow - I got my refund from Allianz. No questions asked.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Wow - I got my refund from Allianz. No questions asked.

We had always gotten good service from Allianz in the past, a couple small claims were processed quickly, no problem.  We used them for a number of years and gave them a lot of money. As I posted earlier (post #20) we finally got our refund.  But it took over 3 months, countless calls (getting disconnected, wrong information/different information from each person etc. etc.)  DH put in our form for the 6th time, to the same place and giving the exact same information and that time it worked and we got a response the next day that our $$ was being sent.  Even though we had good experiences in the past, this was so bad that we will not use them in the future.  I have no idea why it worked the 6th time and not the first 5, as he did the exact same thing each time.  I was ready to give up but he wasn't. 😉

39 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We had always gotten good service from Allianz in the past, a couple small claims were processed quickly, no problem.  We used them for a number of years and gave them a lot of money. As I posted earlier (post #20) we finally got our refund.  But it took over 3 months, countless calls (getting disconnected, wrong information/different information from each person etc. etc.)  DH put in our form for the 6th time, to the same place and giving the exact same information and that time it worked and we got a response the next day that our $$ was being sent.  Even though we had good experiences in the past, this was so bad that we will not use them in the future.  I have no idea why it worked the 6th time and not the first 5, as he did the exact same thing each time.  I was ready to give up but he wasn't. 😉

I missed it - so thanks. I didn't even send a form. They told me to send my cruise info and proof it was cancelled to an email address. I didn't hear anything and 2 weeks later I got an email saying "your refund was processed".

Sorry you had problems with them.

• Like 1