Any movies on Star?

Tropicalshowers

Hi Nerissa,

The Star does not have a movie theatre but there is three movies per day showing on the TV in your cabin plus they occasionally put a film on the "big" screen in the Show Lounge.

When were on in Jan the films showing in the cabin were: Mr & Mrs Smith, Herbie: Fully Loaded, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Deep Blue, The Ban News Bears, War of the Worlds, The Perfect Man, Red Eye, The Island, Valiant, Magadascar, Mother-In-Law, Batman Begins, Fever Pitch, March of the Penguins, The Game of their Lives, Sahara, A Lot Like Love, Stealth, The Longest Yard, The Interpreter, Skeleton Key, Hostage, Kicking & Screaming. (See Suey I told you taking the entertainment guide would help someone!!)

I can't remember all the films shown on the big screen but they were usually later releases like Must Love Dogs, In Her Shoes, The Brothers Grimm. But they also showed some classics like The Castle on Australiana day.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hello to all cruisin chat buddies. This is my first response and, yes, I too am getting psyched for March 12th.

I was hoping the drive-in type screen where guests can view films outdoors near the pool on a giant surface would be available on the Star before we set sail. I heard it's so popular, Princess plans to add "Movies Under the Stars" to more ships very soon.

Films in your cabin can be relaxing and I've found them to be pretty recent features on other cruiselines.

I'm hoping the children are entertained in "kid-friendly" atmosphere and that grown-ups have privacy at adult-only pools. Also hope the hot tubs are open late. Anybody got the scoop on that? I also hope the shows are entertaining and fun and many differnet music venues will be offered onboard. As long as the weather is good, I'll make my own music!

Sorry to let you know but on the Sun there is no adult only pool. I havent heard any mention of any on other ships. Maybe because these ships are targetted at families. There is an adult only section for sunbathing if you need to be away from littlies.

I couldnt watch the film in the room as it was hard because the screen is so high up and you have to lie on the bed to watch. Plus i would be scared of missing something elsewhere on the ship.

Not sure about times of hottubs/spa but i am sure someone will be able to help

Plus i would be scared of missing something elsewhere on the ship.

I'm with you on that one Karon. Who wants to spend any time in their cabin except when going to bed? I'm not much of a movie goer anyway although hubby is. Although after watching his movies at home on a 135cm tv with surround sound, my guess is he'll probably give it a miss on the cruise. He may watch the ones in the lounge.

Karen

I can't remember all the films shown on the big screen but they were usually later releases like Must Love Dogs, In Her Shoes, The Brothers Grimm. But they also showed some classics like The Castle on Australiana day.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi Chaz,

Once again you've bowled me over with info! Thanks so much! Does anyone really sit in their cabin to watch all those movies? I doubt my kids will want to do that. Once our kids meet other kids they usually make their own fun, & are a lot healthier for it! "Movies under the Stars", mentioned by 'aimless', does have a touch of romance about it though. They have nights like that during the year at our Botanical Gardens, and they are always wonderful evenings for families....on a boat, now that's something special!

Cheers!

Hi Chaz,

Once again you've bowled me over with info! Thanks so much! Does anyone really sit in their cabin to watch all those movies? I doubt my kids will want to do that. Once our kids meet other kids they usually make their own fun, & are a lot healthier for it! "Movies under the Stars", mentioned by 'aimless', does have a touch of romance about it though. They have nights like that during the year at our Botanical Gardens, and they are always wonderful evenings for families....on a boat, now that's something special!

Cheers!

Because we were having late dinner (9.00pm) on Sun - a couple of nights we chilled out before dinner watching an in cabin movie, but I certainly wouldn't miss out on all the other fun things to do just to watch a movie.

Archived