Summit 12nt 1/3/22 sailing cancelled due to charter???

LuvCruzn4Evr

Has anyone been notified this cruise has been cancelled/affected due to the ship being chartered? The jazz cruise website shows the ship will be used for an 8nt sailing from 1//13/22 to 1/21/22.  I was very excited to book this cruise as we had never been to St Vincent and now seems it's a no go 😪  I read another post re: poster received call from Celebrity that their Infinity 2/26/22 was cancelled due to a charter so I'm curious if anyone got a call from Celebrity for this Summit sailing.  We're booked with a TA and have not heard anything yet.  

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
typo

Until the contract with the chartering group is signed and the funds are in Celebrity’s hands you will not be notified nor will Celebrity confirm that a charter is in the works. 

Since it is still showing on the Celebrity website seems there is no finalized deal.  These do occasionally fall through.  We were booked on a cruise 3 years ago & rumors started that ship was being chartered, some groups were offering the cruise on their website.  This went on for about 6 months, many  cancelled and there Never was a charter.  

• Like 1

I saw this "Smooth Jazz Cruise, with 2 sailings on the Summit, 1/28/22 through 2/4/22 and 2/4/22 through 2/11/22.

http://www.thesmoothjazzcruise.com/home-2022/

And then "The Jazz Cruise" on the Summit1/13/22 through 1/21/22 which is the same dates as your sailing.

http://www.thejazzcruise.com/

There is also a "Capitol Jazz Cruise" for 2022 with no dates or ships listed.

Seems like a lot of Jazz Cruises on 1 ship in the space of 1 month.  

The question is, are they full charters or just a large group sailing that will take up most of the public areas?  Our first cruise was on the HAL Westerdam and there was a huge group cruise (over half the passengers) of St. Louis Cardninals baseball fans.  They took over large areas of the ship throughout most of the cruise. It was pretty annoying and we would have preferred to have been bumped off and let them have the ship to themselves vs being shut out of major parts of the ship at random times (for example they had exclusive use of the aft pool on an entire Sea Day.)

Edited by K&RCurt