Prepaid Gratuities on Cancelled Cruise - Refund/FCC

powderqn

When my cruise was cancelled in March, I took the refund. My October cruise was just cancelled, and I plan on taking the FCC and OBC, and booking an October 2021 cruise. I had prepaid the gratuities. Does that go with the FCC, or will it be refunded? Earlier this month, I cancelled shore excursions, beverage package and internet, but was unable to cancel the prepaid gratuities. Either way, I'm happy, just want to know what to expect.

20 minutes ago, powderqn said:

When my cruise was cancelled in March, I took the refund. My October cruise was just cancelled, and I plan on taking the FCC and OBC, and booking an October 2021 cruise. I had prepaid the gratuities. Does that go with the FCC, or will it be refunded? Earlier this month, I cancelled shore excursions, beverage package and internet, but was unable to cancel the prepaid gratuities. Either way, I'm happy, just want to know what to expect.

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions (including Faster to the Fun), beverage and Wi-Fi packages, as well as any Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

On 7/23/2020 at 2:52 PM, Schoifmom said:

@TheJayCat is correct.  HOWEVER, I was able to use everything that I had prepaid (not including Fun Shops purchases) toward another cruise simply by calling.  They rolled over enough to pay for the new cruise and then refunded the difference.

This.  I only had cruise fare and taxes and grats.  My TA was able to roll over everything to a new cruise.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:44 PM, cruisin*tigger said:

This.  I only had cruise fare and taxes and grats.  My TA was able to roll over everything to a new cruise.

Ditto.

I don't know exactly how he did it (nor do I care), but my Personal Cruise Consultant was able to transfer everything, including pre-paid gratuities, from the former/cancelled sailing to the new one.  I was grateful for that ease.