Considering Radiance. Any recommendations?

dexter

We sailed the Mariner last winter and had a rather lackluster experience. Some of the problems weren't RCCL's fault however. I became ill on the ship and had to spend a chunk of money in the ship's doctor's office. I also thought the ship was just a bit too large. Now, I'm looking at the smaller Radiance of the Seas. I like the itinerary and the special prices on some of the cabins. Anyone sailed on her recently?

We were on the Radiance in Nov to the Western Carib. I love the Radiance class ships. Heard the Radiance is in dry dock this week, so she will be all fixed up, shined up and ready to go good as new. We had a great time on the Radiance, but we didn't have the best weather. November has not been too kind to us. Will probably not cruise in November again.

The crew was very friendly, and the activities and shows were very good. Would definitely sail on the Radiance again.

Just off of the Radiance a few weeks ago. An absolutely beautiful ship and the best cruise we have taken to date. The Radiance was just rated in the top 5 (large) ships in the world for crew and service and in the top 10 (large) ships overall in the recent Conde Nast Traveler Survey (Feb. 2006). The Radiance is an excellent ship!

We were just on the Radiance last week. Loved her. We are great fans of the voyager class ships but have to say we will do the Radiance again in a heartbeat.

Go for it....I don't know anyone that has sailed on the Radiance that has a negative opinion of her.

Cindy ;)

We've been on the Radiance twice (and Jewel and Serenade once each) and love this ship. This is the BEST crew out there! Always smiling and helpful. Scott in the dining room is a fabulous waiter. We lucked out and had him both times we were on board.

We were on the Radiance last week and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Even though it was going into drydock it was in great shape. The only criticism I have is that we felt rushed through dinner in the dining room...never had traditional dining that only lasted 1 hr and 15 minutes! Never got to talk to the waiter or asst. because they were always on the move. But it did mean we contributed more to one server in the Schooner Bar!

Thanks for all your replies. You've convinced me. I have liked the Radiance since I saw a special on the Travel channel about her. Now, I have to go out and get a second mortgage on my house to pay for the cruise.(no joke)

I was on last week (just before dry dock). It was in beautiful shape and we hed a great time. The service was top notch as was the food and the entertainment. The piano bar guy was awesome - he looks like Soupy Sales and what talent! That was our final stop every night. They also had this acapella (spelling) group who were out of this world.

For a change though, we'll try a different ship next time becase half the fun is figuring out where everything is!

Archived