Refund of FCC

I was sailing on Odyssey in February which has since been cancelled by Royal. I have initiated a refund. I had a deposit applied plus a FCC of $355 issued to me for a problem on a previous cruise.

I’m being told that only the deposit will be refunded and that the FCC is non-refundable only because I had already applied it to Odyssey. Otherwise they could have fully refunded FCC. Does this make sense? Has anyone else had FCC refunded?

Thanks!

Are you saying the FCC ($355. Value)  you received and applied to your Odyssey sailing, had been cancelled, and you are getting the FCC returned in the same value of $355?

Did you think you should get an actual  refund?  It was originally an FCC to compensate for some issue from a previous sailing.  You will still have it to apply to another sailing.  This is fair.

Why would they give you a cash refund?  It was never cash out of your pocket to begin with.

Edited by debshomespun

11 hours ago, jmcross said:

Has anyone else had FCC refunded?

The only FCCs reported to be refundable if it was part of a cancellation by RCI, where you initially took the FCC but then you changed your mind and wanted the refund - but even in that case, the original cruise was paid with cash not FCC.