Has anyone received anything for FREE on a MSC, just by asking for it ?

drsel

Prime motivation behind a bartender giving out free drinks or double pour is to encourage customers to reward him with a bigger cash tip at the expense of his employer. It's an open secret in F&B industry and something management is aware of.
So how much should you tip him and when?
in the beginning or at the end ?
or a small tip with every drink?

Auto tip is already included in your cruise drink checks. You don't need to give extra. But some bartenders always hope to get extra cash tip from customers for being friendly or generous on free or double pour drinks.

Auto tip is already included in your cruise drink checks. You don't need to give extra. But some bartenders always hope to get extra cash tip from customers for being friendly or generous on free or double pour drinks.

On Carnival in 2015, two bartenders confided in me that they average USD 4000 per month, including all tips, service charges and commission on sales of alcohol packages.

They have even touched USD 8000 in a booze cruise month

9 hours ago, sfaaa said:

3 hours ago, drsel said:

On Carnival in 2015, two bartenders confided in me that they average USD 4000 per month, including all tips, service charges and commission on sales of alcohol packages.

They have even touched USD 8000 in a booze cruise month

Please don't turn this into yet another tipping thread.

12 hours ago, drsel said:

All of you scared poor Heather away

Not sure if you meant this as a joke or not.  If she is really scared away I would guess it's because some people just can't stand it when they're called out on what is obviously a gross exaggeration.

Not sure if you meant this as a joke or not.  If she is really scared away I would guess it's because some people just can't stand it when they're called out on what is obviously a gross exaggeration.
Haha, it was a joke.
But I think that she is telling the truth