Thoughts on the Triumph?

Yancey_Elsa

We were on the Truimph 1-28-06 and had a great time. We we're on the upper deck forward in an inside cabin. Had a great room streward Justina. She was so friendly and we were well taken care of. Our dining room was the london lower table 171. Our servers were good too I wanna say their names were Fransico and Jesus. They were always very friend and kepted our drinks filled. We had all dinners in the dining room and the food was always very good. Lunch and breakfest was always on the lido deck. I can say the food was always good there. I thought the pizza, burgers,ceasar salads were very good. My partner had a rubin sandwich and say it was great too. Oh yeah Friday they had fried chicken and the Chocolate buffet there too.

We did use the gym and found the hot tubs there to be great very hot and clean. The showers at the Spa were excellent for getting ready for the formal nights. Very clean and big enought to shave your leggs. Another plus at the gym the hot tubs and the stream rooms were always empty. Just nice to get away and relax before dinner and a show at night.

The ship was always clean in my opinion. There was always plenta of tables in the lido area to dine at. The new bedding was excellent I had been on the Triumph with the old bedding it was the standard hotel sheets and comforters. I love the downs and the new pillows they use now!

So we found the ship to be very well taken care of. The Staff was great too. Everyone I dealt with was super nice. I personally saw a lido deck server give a crying woman a paper rose to make her cheer up. I thought that was just such a nice gusture. Since she was sitting all alone crying.

The port were excellent too. I could take San Juan or leave it. But we did a tour at the port. Just walked off the ship and a van driver offered a tour for 10.00 a person. We drove around the city stopped at some site took pictures and then back to the boat. So We got to see a little more of San Juan than we would if we just walked around.

My personal favorite is St. Thomas. Since on this same trip a few years before. We took the Air force One tour again. They do a really good tour and it's 25.00 a person. We went around the island and learned more history and took many pictures. The end of the tour we picked Cokki beach to spend some time at. It was a very nice beach sandy bottom and I got to see some silver fish. We rent chairs and umbrells there too 5.00 and 10.00. You can rental snorkle equipment, scuba and even rent jet skis there too. They had people there to serve you drinks and food if you wanted. I had the jerk chicken sandwich and it was good. we stayed about three hours and the drive came back and dropped us off at the ship. Then we shopped at the pier shops...good time to pick up laundry soap so we can do some laundry on board the ship.

In St. Martin we went to little divi bay on our own. This way we could get an earlier start and leave when we want. It's an 8.00 round trip cab ride and fairly close to the cruise terminal. We rented some chairs 5.00 and umbrells 10.00 and enjoyed the beach there. My partner scheduled a massage there and loved it. It's was much cheaper than the ships spa massages. You can make an apointment through the resort. Other people in our group used the pool and said it was really nice. I personally loved the beach the bottom was sandy and the water refreshing. We had no problems with catching a cab back to the ship. Glad we did not book through the ship. It was cheaper and we had our chair and umbrells put in a quit area. The ships chairs were all in the same area and they arrived later in the morning.

So we all had a great time on our cruise. Thanks again for all the tips for those who anwsers my question posts. Also to all of you who post tips on the boards. I would of never known about the secert door on the upper deck. Which we used as our quite spot for great views of leaving port and coming into port. Oh yeah and about the Bayside market we had dinner there and walked around the night before our cruise. Hope this mini review help some of you.

Shan9700

What cabin were you in? We are heading out in 12 days cruise in 13 praying that the weather is good for our flight!! Thank you for the pictures!! WendyD we are on the same cruise!! We have a mixed group from 6-47 Me and dh are in our early 40's and we have two teen daughters 14 and 16.

Can you tell me more about the stateroom furnishings/colors? We just changed our booking today to the Triumph (12/2/06), and we can't wait! We sailed on her sister ship, the Victory two years ago.

We were so torn the past few weeks about whether or not to shop around for a different option for our cruise, as we were booked aboard the Enchantment (RCI) for a 5-nighter. Couldn't beat the itinerary (Eastern Carib) for the Triumph, AND two extra nights cruising, and the price was definitely right. :)

Guess I should change my signature, eh? ;)

So, any other ship info you can provide would be great...does the Triumph have the Mississippi BBQ and the awesome deli shop, like the Victory did?

My family is on the Triumph on Feb 25th and I have quick question for you, how was the weather the first day at sea? Was it warm enough to be in the pools and layout?

Thanks

Wendy

Wendy -

We just returned from the Triumph yesterday. Our first day at sea - between Miami and Cozumel was beautiful. Very warm with a breeze that made it deceiving. Lots and lots of really sunburned people at dinner that night :rolleyes: . It was plenty warm enough to use the pools.

Unfortunately, our second day at sea - between Coz and Grand Cayman - it rained ALL day. Occasional showers in the morning at Ocho Rios - but it cleared up about lunch time. So that was a bit of a bummer.....but all in all the weather was great.

I hope you have a GREAT time!!

imatarb,

I was on the Victory before too. It was before the new bedding. I think the staterooms if I remember were decorated the same. On both ships the Triumph and the Victory. In our recent Triumph inside room the bedding was a white down comforter and some down pillows. Got to love the new bedding..it's so comfy! There was a chair and a small table. There is a small ledge under the mirror where the vanity meets the wall. Oh Yeah an additional small chair that fits under the desk. The room colors are kind of a peachy color.

No Miss BBQ on board but there is a deli and a chinese place on the lido deck. The deli is one one side and the chinese place is on the other. We can vouch for the deli...the sandwiches were very good!

The weather was great while we were on her 1-28-06. First day was alittle windy but folks were laying out. Both St. Thomas and St. Martin were in the upper 80's lower 90's.

Shan

Thanks, Shan, for the info. We are anxious to set sail! Wish we didn't have to wait so darned long. ;)

I heard my PVP saying something today while booking how the cabins were all redone and 'white' bedding. It all makes sense now. I'm sure it's nice!

Does anyone have any pics of a balcony cabin on the Triumph since the new bedding that they would be willing to share? You can post 'em here or email me at imatarb at mi-networks dot com.

Thanks so much!

Archived