UNFAIR Lift and Shift Practice

2 hours ago, fundirector said:

I can’t get my refund at all. I did what they told me to do. They played games and now I’m out my deposits. I get no help from customer service. I told them from the start I didn’t want FCC they said to follow their instructions and if my cruise got cancelled I’d get my cash back 

now they say no 

Was your cruise cancelled? If so you get your money back. If the cruise line won’t accommodate you, and you are legitimately due a refund; file a dispute with your credit card company. 

6 hours ago, fundirector said:

I can’t get my refund at all. I did what they told me to do. They played games and now I’m out my deposits. I get no help from customer service. I told them from the start I didn’t want FCC they said to follow their instructions and if my cruise got cancelled I’d get my cash back 

now they say no 

I've read your many posts on this and am still a bit confused.....Did you decide to cancel before RCI officially cancelled your sailing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

I've read your many posts on this and am still a bit confused.....Did you decide to cancel before RCI officially cancelled your sailing?

This poster didn’t make the final payment, so RCI cancelled the reservation before RCI cancelled the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fundirector said:

now they say no 

Exactly what did “they” (RCI?) tell you to do? I can’t imagine a Customer Service rep would tell you to not make the final payment, and let the reservation go into default. If a CS rep did tell you that, you’d better hope that conversation was recorded! 

Options that don’t involve making the final payment, besides cancelling and getting a FCC, are to Lift and Shift to a similar cruise a year later, or move the deposit to any available cruise. The ONLY way for anyone to get their cruise fare refunded is for RCI to cancel the cruise before the passenger cancels. Most people have had to make the final payment first. 

ETA: I have looked over some of your recent posts, and see that you booked the cruise with a travel agent. Did your TA advise you NOT to make the final payment? I think there had to be some misunderstanding about what  RCI and/or the travel agent suggested you do. As with any other “bill” - the worst thing you can do is not pay it.

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, fundirector said:

now they say no 

15 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

This poster didn’t make the final payment, so RCI cancelled the reservation before RCI cancelled the cruise. 

I can't imagine a situation that RCI would advise a customer to not make final payment. I'm not aware of any chain of events where that would lead to anything but forfeiting the deposit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

I can't imagine a situation that RCI would advise a customer to not make final payment. I'm not aware of any chain of events where that would lead to anything but forfeiting the deposit.

After reading her many post I actually thought the same thing...but still she continues to rant on several threads.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions on this situation. Of course RCI is never going to tell someone to "not make final payment"...that's just crazy talk. Can't imagine where she got this info.