Interesting Article about financial status of cruise lines

4774Papa

1 minute ago, hallux said:

Interesting how this article states NCL could last for 18 months without sailing but all the financial "experts" in this forum are saying bankruptcy is imminent after only 6 months.

They can go to the credit markets again and again, and there will be someone willing to take a risk for far higher interest rates.  Till they really can't find a lender than we will see.   Frankly nobody can predict what will happen.

No different than the crash today of the market but the sympathy rally in RCCL and CCL because of a silly startup release of  Costa.

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Interesting how this article states NCL could last for 18 months without sailing but all the financial "experts" in this forum are saying bankruptcy is imminent after only 6 months.

FDR did say in April 18 months 

I think the issue is though is what state NCLH would look like after 18 months - Rather ragged i suggest.

I think the biggest issue is that they secured debt holidays on some of the newer ships, deferring payments to Spring 2021.  If cruising still isn't happening, they either need to start paying again or try to extend the deferment.