Passport Renewal

chasinraynbowz

On 1/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, capriccio said:

Thanks so much for posting this information!  I just checked my status and it indicated I should receive my new book and card by the end of the month.  If this is true, it will be great service as my processing time will be about one month!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, capriccio said:

Notified today (2/21/2021) via email that

The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You requested routine service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 10-12 weeks. You should receive your passport book on or around 02/27/2021.

Today's update (2/23/2021) is courtesy of the free USPS notification program "Your Daily Digest" that lists mail and packages arriving today and

Arriving Soon

PASSPORT SERVICES/DOS TUCSON

Estimated Delivery on: Thursday, Feb 25

Interestingly, the renewal was sent to Texas and then forwarded to the Tucson Department of State facility for processing.

Now I just need to wait and see if the USPS comes through!

Edited by capriccio

On 2/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, capriccio said:

Today's update (2/23/2021) is courtesy of the free USPS notification program "Your Daily Digest" that lists mail and packages arriving today and

Arriving Soon

PASSPORT SERVICES/DOS TUCSON

Estimated Delivery on: Thursday, Feb 25

Now I just need to wait and see if the USPS comes through!

USPS came through and 1 day early!  I received my new passport today via priority mail (which I didn't pay extra for). 

To recap: 

• renewal mailed (via certified mail for tracking purposes) on January 20
  • received at the DoS Texas facility on January 25 (as estimated by USPS)
  • notified by DoS that the renewal application was being reviewed on January 28
  • notified by DoS that the renewal was approved and being printed on February 21
  • notified by USPS that the estimated delivery date for the new passport was February 25
  • passport arrived February 24

I hope everyone else has as timely a renewal process!

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

USPS came through and 1 day early!  I received my new passport today via priority mail (which I didn't pay extra for). 

To recap: 

• renewal mailed (via certified mail for tracking purposes) on January 20
  • received at the DoS Texas facility on January 25 (as estimated by USPS)
  • notified by DoS that the renewal application was being reviewed on January 28
  • notified by DoS that the renewal was approved and being printed on February 21
  • notified by USPS that the estimated delivery date for the new passport was February 25
  • passport arrived February 24

I hope everyone else has as timely a renewal process!

Got both my passport and passport card today as well - February 24.  I mailed mine in on the 19th of January.  The cards and books seem to have different production lines as they were mailed separately.  I am pleased.  

Canadian here.  Decided to renew my kid's passports via mail as they expired in December.  Thought I would beat the rush once restrictions ease.  Could not belive it, sent regular mail, returned yesterday by priority post.  2 weeks turn around.  Think last time for ours was 2 months.  Good time to renew.

• Like 1