Carnival Journeys Cruise in January

Loyal Buckeye

I was hoping to get clearer information from the CDC today on whether or not they are going to allow cruising to resume. It looks like that is not going to happen. We have a 14 day cruise scheduled for January. I honestly don't think it will go, even if cruising on some form resumes, but its only a guess. We booked with an early saver plan. Our final payment is due in a little over a week. If we go ahead and pay it in full but then decide we are not comfortable going, will Carnival let us move it (including the deposit) to another cruise? I'm thinking that I read somewhere that we will be able to move it but have to pay another deposit and will lose the deposit on this one?? We don't want to move it yet because if Carnival cancels than we will receive the on board credit. To gamble or not to gamble, that is the question! (Unless they will let us move it without penalty.) If it makes any difference, we did book it preCovid.

Well, you could call and ask!  If they say "yes, you can move it" make sure you have a new date/ship (and cabin number or type) already picked out, so you can change it right away with that agent.

And if you move it now, your final payment date changes to match the new sailing, so you won't have to pay anything until then.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Thanks 1