Celebrity Ship = No Way

Ashland

We have limited experience with Celebrity and have only sailed on her 2 other times both in S1 categories.  We sailed on the Solstice in 2008 when she was brand new and had a corner aft on deck 10 and it was great.  The second time was 3 years ago to Alaska with some friends that we will be traveling with to the British Isles in 2021.  We were on deck 6 in a S1 and that one was a disaster.  First, the entry hall had a very narrow space between the bathroom and closet, if for some reason if the bride was in the bathroom and I was in the closet, we were always banging into each other....there just wasn't enough room to get around that tight space.  Then they placed a cabinet in the space that made it even more crowded.  Once you got into the bedroom part, then it was OK but not one of the best suites I have ever had.  Certainly would NEVER spend the money for an S1 on a M class ship ever again particularly at 250 sq. ft.  We will be traveling with friends in July 2021 in a 1A on the Reflection that is 200 sq. ft., based on some videos, that one appears to be better laid out, IMO.

We travel mostly on Royal in a Grand Suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

It was my understanding the Summit March 2019 and Millennium Feb 2019 have had the Revitalization.

I hope to sail on Summit in Jan 2022, can't wait to see the refurb.  Just looked at some pics, I'm loving what I see!  THX

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Don said:

We have limited experience with Celebrity and have only sailed on her 2 other times both in S1 categories.  We sailed on the Solstice in 2008 when she was brand new and had a corner aft on deck 10 and it was great.  The second time was 3 years ago to Alaska with some friends that we will be traveling with to the British Isles in 2021.  We were on deck 6 in a S1 and that one was a disaster.  First, the entry hall had a very narrow space between the bathroom and closet, if for some reason if the bride was in the bathroom and I was in the closet, we were always banging into each other....there just wasn't enough room to get around that tight space.  Then they placed a cabinet in the space that made it even more crowded.  Once you got into the bedroom part, then it was OK but not one of the best suites I have ever had.  Certainly would NEVER spend the money for an S1 on a M class ship ever again particularly at 250 sq. ft.  We will be traveling with friends in July 2021 in a 1A on the Reflection that is 200 sq. ft., based on some videos, that one appears to be better laid out, IMO.

We travel mostly on Royal in a Grand Suite.

We're also on that July Reflection cruise. This will only be our second time with X. We stayed in an 1A on Eclipse...so this cruise we've opted for an S2.

Also a long time cruiser with RCI and usually at minimum a JS, but over the last few years it's been GS and up for us.

I came very close to booking the Jewel (July 15th) for this itinerary but I didn't like the cabins offered by the time I booked.

Now with that being cancelled I'm feeling pretty good about my decision and fingers are crossed this ship sails.