Johnny Rockets

seaandsea

I was reading a cruise ship review on the Mariner of the Sea and it said there was not an additional charge to eat at Johnny Rockets unless you had a milk-shake. I have heard there was a $3.95 charge per visit. Who is right? Thanks for the info.

Seaandsea

We were on the 1/15 sailing of the Mariner and went to Johnny Rockets once. $3.95 per person charge. We didn't order shakes. They did have drink prices on the menu so we were expecting to pay extra for our chocolate Cokes but they didn't charge us for them. Total bill was $7.90, plus tip.

$3.95 per visit. Shakes extra. JRs is a personal choice options for those wanting a better burger. The no charge burgers are still available by the pool.

In my opinion, the burgers at JR are no better than the burgers in the Windjammer. Now if you're into onion rings :) , I have seen them nowhere else on ship and they are fantastic at JR! As a C&A member, you'll get a free coupon to go once, but I don't believe that pertains to children as I believe they cannot be a member of C&A.

We just got off the Voyager (first RCI cruise, 9th cruise overall)and tried Johnny Rockets. Have been to Johnny Rockets at home several times. We were disappointed in the burgers. They DID taste like the burgers in the Windjammers (is it really beef????). Not like the Johnny Rockets at home. The service was great, but not worth the $3.95 per person charge IMO

Judy

I admit, everyone's taste is different, but for me the made to order burgers in JRs are so much better than those other burgers that are fried and put in a pan to stay warm until someone wants one. JRs are tasty and juicy while the others are dried out. JRs "appear" to be fresh meat while the others seem to be the typical fast food frozen patties.

bamabound - you are correct that they changed to a "charging" system last year. This was due to many teenagers using JR as a hangout and sitting for hrs. In order to control the crowds and to allow more people the opportunity to go, they went to a "one-time" perk for C&A members and service charge for others.

seandsea - many people don't use all their coupons so you might be able to find someone to give you their C&A coupons. (They just have someone at the door to collect them so they don't check to see of you are a member). They use the same book on all the ships as I recieved the same one on the Mariner in Oct. as I did last week on the Radiance. I have 2 JR coupons because that ship did not have one. Even if they did, I'm with friedshrimp - the one up the street from me has better burgers.

Archived