Possible restoration of Cuba cruises

oceanbill457

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

That’s him ! Roy, not Tony. I thought He was a good CD. 

Heard the same story as Lyn. Hope he’s doing fine at his B&B!

Yes, we thought that he was a pretty good CD.  Wish him all the luck in the world.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, napoxoguk said:

Could pose the same question to a bunch of Black engineers and cotton agro-technicians who decided to go from the "free" Alabama to the "communist" USSR back in the late thirties. Or to Snowden. 

Must have been interesting arriving in time for Stalin's  big" purge......and gotten the chance to be purged  too...woth all the other foreign and westerners.........Go  see "REDS"....   and how it all worked out.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:42 PM, oceanbill457 said:

I didn't mean for this to turn in to a political discussion about how we got here. I would like to  explore the sights and sound of another culture. We allow cruises to Russia, China and Vietnam. I have spent hundreds of days at sea on 10 US Navy vessels in my career. Many ports and sites. I would like to visit  more without apologies.

We can go to Russia, China, and Vietnam because they don't have a big expatriate population here that holds candidates hostage to their nostalgia for a day long gone by.  Yes property was taken, but that happened in other countries where we can go visit.  And I agree with the other comment that the United States need to establish better relations with Central and South America.  We have always treated them poorly and assumed that they were our friends regardless.  We should help them develop better (we should have been doing that for years), and their populations would have better standards of living, and would be our friends.  But I also agree that this is not the place for a political discussion.

• Like 6