American Cruise lines Alaskan Explorer Cruise

AlanF65

Hi,

I am thinking about the ACL "American Constellation" 10 night cruise with 2 days in Glacier Bay. I like the idea of flying into Juneau with no need to go to Canada.

Reviews of the ship in ACL forum are less than stellar and I was wondering if anyone has done this itinerary and how was the ship, the bed and the service?

image.thumb.png.fa0ee97ee98c30cdf6db7d18300c3590.png

Thanks

Alan

Edited by AlanF65

I have a friend who did something similar on this line (I think it was 7 nights but could be wrong). I will email him and see if he will post. He LOVED the trip and had only positive things to say about it. They spent the night at Glacier Bay. I want to say his trip was 3 years ago and the ship he was on was brand new.

The pics of his food was great and the room looked fine. He raved about the service. My friend's standards are pretty high.

The only not stellar part of what I remember hearing was the pre-cruise hotel was not a high end hotel but there are not too many hotels in Juneau. It was in a good location though.

Edited by Coral

I was on this cruise two years ago and it was nothing short of awesome.  Being able to spend the night anchored in Glacier Bay was an unexpected delight.  The Constellation left nothing to desire besides the spotty internet and of course cell service in remote Alaska is almost non-existent.   Flying in and out of Juneau was of great convenience; but don't expect much in the way of hotel accommodations there other than a clean room.  It was quite warm when I arrived only to find there was no AC, only fans loaned by the front desk.  Having been on 5 previous AK cruises this was by far my best experience.  The food was good, the drinks plentiful and the Constellation even has free washers/dryers for your use which came in handy during the 10 days.  My bed was very comfortable actually.

Mike😀 

• Thanks 1

Mike is the friend I was referring to. Sorry - it was 10 nights. He sent me menus of his dinners and pictures of the food which looked great. His room looked more like a hotel room than a normal cruise room. I was impressed when he sent me daily reports. Based on his reports from his cruise - I would do this trip in a heart beat.

• Thanks 1