Any Tips on Getting Show Tickets/Reservations on a Full Spring Break Cruise?

joshkathy

We're going on the Explorer over Spring Break this April and anticipate a very full ship. Any pointers on getting tickets for things like the Ice Show, Portofino reservations, etc? Should we do that first thing when we get on board or is there usually pretty good availability? Anything else we should be savvy about on a full cruise?

We're going on the Explorer over Spring Break this April and anticipate a very full ship. Any pointers on getting tickets for things like the Ice Show, Portofino reservations, etc? Should we do that first thing when we get on board or is there usually pretty good availability? Anything else we should be savvy about on a full cruise?
They will announce (in the Cruise Compass, the onboard ship's newsletter and schedule that it placed in your cabin each evening by your cabin steward), the times and place for the distribution of the free Ice Show tickets. Go yourself directly to Portofino's as soon as you board and speak to the Maitre D' there and make your reservations.

Be waiting in line for the ice show tickets before the announced time for distribution. We just got off the Mariner and some folks that went by near the end of the window didn't get tickets as they were all gone.

As merion mom said - make any reservations for Chops/Portofinos and the spa as soon as possible the first day to ensure getting the day & time you want.

If there are any ship's excursions you want to take, make the reservations on-line as some of the more popular ones fill up before you board the ship.

If you decide to cancel, you can do that up to 24 hours before the excursion time and get a full refund.

Every sailing I have been on has been sold out except one...and I do advise getting to area for tickets for the shows that need tickets (like ice show) 1/2 hour before posted time in cruise compass.

As for reservations at Chops, etc. make this a priority once you board ship!! Spots will fill up and be full very quickly.

Dont worry about the ship being sold out though, its just as fun!!! Not too hectic. I thought Navigator would be when I sailed it due to size, and half the time, I couldnt even tell it was sold out. Dont worry, and have fun!!!

Ships always sail full. When you go to the windjammer after you board, you'll be able to make reservations for alternative dining right next door. The ice show tickets are handed out on usually the first at sea day morning. You'll be informed in your cruise compass.

I wouldn't get worked up about this. Make your Portofino and spa/salon reservations soon after you board. Check the Cruise Compass for Ice Show ticket times.

Yes, the ships are always full. I sailed during Easter week on the Explorer, and had no problems whatsoever in getting a seat at any show.

Do arrive at least 15 minutes early for Quest games and other game activities so you can choose your seat.

Relax and have fun!

Thanks for the info/insights. On my last cruise I remember the Spa reservations booking up completely for at sea days the first day of the cruise! Fortunately I went by that day so I lucked out. I'm not stressing about getting tickets/reservations though, but I'm aware that a forewarned guest is a forearmed guest. Re: Portofinos, everyone seems to feel that this is a really great dining option, so I may book at least a couple of dinners there. Is this a kid friendly venue or is it best to feed the kids another way that night (ages 3 and 14)?

Thanks for the info/insights. On my last cruise I remember the Spa reservations booking up completely for at sea days the first day of the cruise! Fortunately I went by that day so I lucked out. I'm not stressing about getting tickets/reservations though, but I'm aware that a forewarned guest is a forearmed guest. Re: Portofinos, everyone seems to feel that this is a really great dining option, so I may book at least a couple of dinners there. Is this a kid friendly venue or is it best to feed the kids another way that night (ages 3 and 14)?
absolutely no kids in Portofinos

Our first cruise we sailed on the Voyager thru the Memorial Day holiday...the CD announced that it was the largest group to sail on the Voyager --- to that point. We were able to get reservations for specialty restaruants, rock climbing etc. Just be sure to do it all ASAP - as soon as you board. Get the excursions on line. Lots of people go straight to the windjammer for lunch...be smart and make your reservations early and then enjoy your lunch. One thing we all know.....no one is ever hungry on a cruise.

Thanks...great tip, and I could definitely put off lunch till later. What else requires advance reservations that I could make the sam day besides specialty restaurants, spa, and rock climbing?

Sometimes you have to reserve a spot for Yoga classes, especially if they offer it on the beach-- don't know if they get that filled up all the time, but if that's your thing, check it out.

Every sailing I have been on has been sold out except one...and I do advise getting to area for tickets for the shows that need tickets (like ice show) 1/2 hour before posted time in cruise compass.

As for reservations at Chops, etc. make this a priority once you board ship!! Spots will fill up and be full very quickly.

Dont worry about the ship being sold out though, its just as fun!!! Not too hectic. I thought Navigator would be when I sailed it due to size, and half the time, I couldnt even tell it was sold out. Dont worry, and have fun!!!

Does that go for the chairs around the pool?

Archived