Pets - what do you do with them when cruising/traveling?

kywildcatfanone

On 1/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, GUT2407 said:

When we have needed to board the Dalmatian and Schnauzer had to be side by side or in the same run if possible, and the cat close by if possible, fortunately the girl we usually use would have them in with her own pets.

In the past we had two litter mates. They went to the kennel together their whole lives and loved it there. They were able to share the same run (corner suite LOL). When our dear Otis passed away, we went to having a house sitter. There was no way we would let Milo, our remaining 100# hound dog be subjected to confinement with his new 10# little sister, a Norwich Terror.

MIlo & Fergie.jpg

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

If you have several pets or even one on medications this is what we have done for our house sitter.  I made a box with dividers for the days of the week.  Behind each divider I put baggies (snack size worked great) with the pet's name and time of day that held their medicine.  For shots I put a syringe.  The house sitter really appreciated it and I felt that it was a good way for them to be sure everything was given out.  If it was a tube or something that could not be split up I would write on a piece of paper and place in the  bag.  

Great recs. We had two labs that were on so many different meds that I got two of those plastic boxes with dividers and each dog got its own. We also had a dog that was losing weight due to her dementia (confusion) so I cooked for her for over a year. One time we were going to be gone close to a month and I cooked and froze enough. Cooked whole chicken in pressure cooked and cooked rice in the rice cookeer. Then coarsely blended in the food processor.

• Like 1