Port Canaveral area New Year’s Eve

xrayvin

We are booked on Harmony of the Seas Jan 2, 2022. We thought it would be fun to go in early and celebrate NYE. 
my question is where do we want to spend NYE? 
1. Cocoa Beach, hotel or VrBO, on beach. Watch fireworks over the ocean?

2. Cocoa beach but not on beach, up by the port. The hotels people recommend are newer and seem like they might have more going on. TiKi bars ect. 
3. stay in Orlando. If there was a place close to Disney to watch some of the fireworks but not cost a fortune? 
4. any other ideas. 
of course this is all optimistic for a more “normal” NYE. 

we are not crazy party girls, but would enjoy something fun. 

while offshore fireworks displays were once a BIG thing off the coast here in Canaveral ..... not so much recently. I could only speculate on the reasons <cost>

if fireworks display is your desire I'd offer Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld or the adjacent SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld <they share a pool area>

As you may know Disney has engineered their property to limit the ability to view one park fireworks from another park/area.  Seaworld has less land to play with and I can ASSURE you that any SeaWorld fireworks display feels like it is in your room if your room faces the park at either of these places!!! and if not just head down to the pool area which DOES ....

image.thumb.png.912ff444b54894b06b82465b7bcefca1.png

at either of these hotels you are within 1/2 mile of the fireworks launch position.  If you watch MK fireworks from the Contemp' you are nearly 3/4 of a mile from launch site of the 'big stuff' <wanna see where the big stuff is launched from??????>

Edited by Capt_BJ

We used to love going to the Cocoa Beach Pier for NYE, but it's not the same anymore.  I can almost guarantee there will be some fireworks visible from the beach, but it likely won't be a town or port sponsored event.  We spent the past two NYEs on our balcony watching people on the beach set off their own fireworks.  I'm sure that's not what you had in mind though!  🙃

Thank you for the replies!

I love the idea of watching the fireworks on the beach, especially from a balcony. I was looking at LaQuinta on Cocoa Beach. It is kind of spendy so I just want to make sure this is the best location. The recommended hotels on Cocoa Beach seems to be the “newer” hotels closer to the port. Radisson, springhill, home2home ect. Wondering if it is better to be in these areas and uber/walk somewhere. As we will be there for 2 days. 
seaworld hotels are another great idea. Neither of those hotels have balconies, but being by the pool might be great as well. 
we just have no idea, and hoping for ideas. 
Of course with the craziness going on right now, it makes it even harder to know what to do. 

Edited by xrayvin
I seem to ramble...lol

22 hours ago, xrayvin said:

The recommended hotels on Cocoa Beach seems to be the “newer” hotels closer to the port. Radisson, springhill, home2home ect. 

Keep in mind these hotels are in Cape Canaveral and are not on the beach.  But they are very close to the port.  Not an awful lot within walking distance but there are a few restaurants in the area - Zarrella's, Kelsey's, Preacher Bar.  The port has a bunch of fun restaurants on the water and is a quick easy Uber ride.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...