Feb or March: ?s for those who sailed those months

mlbcruiser

Thinking about a cruise to Australia and New Zealand in 2022. Pros and cons for us with regard to either month that don’t have anything to do with climate, etc. 

I would love to hear your experience with regard to see conditions and general weather conditions if you did cruise these areas in February or March. I know weather varies, but I’m still curious. Mostly interested in the likelihood of extremely  rough sea conditions and hoping to avoid frequent all day rains. 
thanks for any input! 

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 5:14 PM, mlbcruiser said:

Thinking about a cruise to Australia and New Zealand in 2022. Pros and cons for us with regard to either month that don’t have anything to do with climate, etc. 

I would love to hear your experience with regard to see conditions and general weather conditions if you did cruise these areas in February or March. I know weather varies, but I’m still curious. Mostly interested in the likelihood of extremely  rough sea conditions and hoping to avoid frequent all day rains. 
thanks for any input! 

Without knowing specific ports it is difficult to answer. Northern Australia is brutally hot and humid in February, but is very pleasant in southern NZ. February is peak cyclone season along the Australian eastern coast, but ships go out of their way to avoid sailing into them. Besides Australia may still be closed in February 2022.

Hi  you have posted this question in Africa & Middle East Forum.

You will receive lots of replies if you post in the Australia & New Zealand Forum.

Our Prime Minister has said that our International Borders would not be reopened before Mid 2022, so you would be better off booking for 2023.