Havana Cabana Cabin,

DANCING GRANDMOMMY

On 3/7/2021 at 2:06 PM, AstroMan said:

We just booked a Havana Cabana suite on the Panorama for Feb 2023. We read a few posts for the Vista about hearing bass noise from the bar until after midnight which made it impossible for them to sleep. Even though it's a splurge, we really want to treat ourselves to the suite but not if the noise will be a real problem. Kind of hoping that Carnival paid attention to the complaints and beefed up the soundproofing on the Panorama but we haven't found any posts about this for obvious reasons.

Anyone have insights to share? Thanks!

You will not hear any music from Latin Fever band in your suite, not even bass tones. At least not on Panorama. The creaking sound of the slider will drown out all other noises. The creaking sound didn’t keep me up all night until I was done dancing 💃🏻 to Latin Fever for the night in Havana Bar. Unfortunately the band stops playing around midnight so really not a lot of time allotted for music. 

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

DD, DGD, and myself will be in the Havana on the Panorama the end of June (maybe). The DD and DS moved our 2021 Panorama to July 2023. So looking forward to the experience.

The only cruising going on during June will optimistically be the test cruises, which are followed by the 60 day mandated wait period by the CDC.  Then short cruises, followed by full week cruises.  Full week cruises may not start until late September and it was previously announced that Carnival would start with Miami and PC, followed by Galveston.  This puts NOLA and Long Beach at best in the #4 slot with cruises not starting till mid fall.

I don't think I saw it mentioned but our favorite part of these cabins on the Vista was the proximity to the Ocean Plaza. They setup a breakfast area here almost every morning so we didn't need to go to the lido deck and then for lunch there was the BBQ on sea days. Then at night time after dinner we could watch the shows in the Ocean Plaza or the Havana bar and then be just a few steps from our cabin. Also being beer people we're pretty close to the pub. 

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only cruising going on during June will optimistically be the test cruises, which are followed by the 60 day mandated wait period by the CDC.  Then short cruises, followed by full week cruises.  Full week cruises may not start until late September and it was previously announced that Carnival would start with Miami and PC, followed by Galveston.  This puts NOLA and Long Beach at best in the #4 slot with cruises not starting till mid fall.

I am pretty sure we won’t sail which is why we have a contingency plan. I would like to hear more on Long Beach sailings since we enjoy sailing from there since it is in our state. In the meantime I will keep dreaming about two cruises in the Havana! BTW we still have a 4-day get away in November-yep you guessed it sailing from Long Beach😃