Mini-suite on Coral Princess question

bvm49

I am looking to book a mini-suite on the Coral Princess from Brisbane and like the look of the forward ones on Caribe deck as we want a covered (or partly covered) balcony. I know I'm being fussy but I like to sit & sleep facing forward - especially as it is a 28 night cruise. Does anyone know which cabins on the port side - C206 to C230 - allow you to do that?

Also I notice the every 2nd cabin sleeps 4 persons instead of 3. I presume there is a bed lowered for the 4th person. Is this out of the way in the ceiling or hanging on the wall where it can be a nuisance? We don't need it as there is only the 2 of us.

Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

23 minutes ago, bvm49 said:

I did try this useful site previously but can't find any information on which way the lounge/bed faces.

Brian

You need to find a deck plan that shows the indents where bed heads fit.  So far I haven’t found one.  These diagrams also show if the bed is by the balcony or bathroom.

3 hours ago, bvm49 said:

I am looking to book a mini-suite on the Coral Princess from Brisbane and like the look of the forward ones on Caribe deck as we want a covered (or partly covered) balcony. I know I'm being fussy but I like to sit & sleep facing forward - especially as it is a 28 night cruise. Does anyone know which cabins on the port side - C206 to C230 - allow you to do that?

Also I notice the every 2nd cabin sleeps 4 persons instead of 3. I presume there is a bed lowered for the 4th person. Is this out of the way in the ceiling or hanging on the wall where it can be a nuisance? We don't need it as there is only the 2 of us.

Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

We had Mini suite C221 on Coral Princess, starboard side.The location on the ship was quiet with not much passing traffic.  The cabin was a generous size with full bathroom, two TVs, fridge and full size lounge.  The lounge suite was a pull out double bed, so no pull down bunks.

The head of the bed faced the front of the ship as did the lounge, the opposite of what you want.  Maybe the port side is the reverse configuration to the starboard.

The balcony was covered and private and had a small table and two chairs, standard Princess balcony furniture

The only photo I have is of my husband fast asleep on the lounge which is definitely not for public viewing!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussienellie said:

We had Mini suite C221 on Coral Princess, starboard side.The location on the ship was quiet with not much passing traffic.  The cabin was a generous size with full bathroom, two TVs, fridge and full size lounge.  The lounge suite was a pull out double bed, so no pull down bunks.

The head of the bed faced the front of the ship as did the lounge, the opposite of what you want.  Maybe the port side is the reverse configuration to the starboard.

The balcony was covered and private and had a small table and two chairs, standard Princess balcony furniture

The only photo I have is of my husband fast asleep on the lounge which is definitely not for public viewing!

We dont mind the photo this is an adult site, lol. I am a special for an arvo 💤, land, air and sea. Comes with age.

14 hours ago, Port Power said:

You need to find a deck plan that shows the indents where bed heads fit.  So far I haven’t found one.  These diagrams also show if the bed is by the balcony or bathroom.

Princess doesn't have indents or differing positions of the bed, that's a Celebrity thing.

Look for the change in cabin class, which is often where a smokestop door is. The cabins are paired with the bathrooms next to each other in each pair, and a pair doesn't usually cross a smokestop door. The bed is alongside the bathroom, so if the bathroom is forward the bed will face aft, and vice versa. I had a quick look at the deck plans and I think 206, 210, 214 etc are the ones with the bed facing forward. Note: I haven't been on Corak yet but this trick has worked for me on a few other Princess ships.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

43 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess doesn't have indents or differing positions of the bed, that's a Celebrity thing.

Look for the change in cabin class, which is often where a smokestop door is. The cabins are paired with the bathrooms next to each other in each pair, and a pair doesn't usually cross a smokestop door. The bed is alongside the bathroom, so if the bathroom is forward the bed will face aft, and vice versa. I had a quick look at the deck plans and I think 206, 210, 214 etc are the ones with the bed facing forward. Note: I haven't been on Corak yet but this trick has worked for me on a few other Princess ships.

Oops! Sorry.  Too many ships and cabins to remember.  Perhaps also because in the Princess mini suite, the drawers/bench wrapped around a bit to create a divide.

10 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Oops! Sorry.  Too many ships and cabins to remember.  Perhaps also because in the Princess mini suite, the drawers/bench wrapped around a bit to create a divide.

No worries. The trick on Celebrity ships is to look for the symbol, a square I think, that shows the cabin can hold more than two people. The ones with the symbol have bed by bath  the others have bed by balcony. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I also posted this question on the Princess forum and got a reply that stated that as the cabins are in back-to-back pairs, the front cabin of each pair will face forward as the bathrooms are built together. 

I also found the answer in this link that had photos of many cabins: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cabin-pick.php?c=319

I now know which cabin to pick.

Brian