Jeepers! Do I want to lay down $1500 on 2023 cruise?

Petoonya

On 3/8/2021 at 10:28 AM, Jhbertram said:

Just got confirmed on the 2023 ATW cruise we were waitlisted for.   Now to plunk down the 20% required.

I found this very interesting. You’re the second or third I’ve heard this from. This cruise just sold out a couple months ago, and people are already canceling. Huge investment in both time and money, perhaps such second thoughts ( buyer’s remorse?) are typical, but they seemed to come quickly, especially since no other action is required for months.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:24 PM, Petoonya said:

You have a much different experience.We were cruising twice a year prior to COVID. "Pennypinching" may not work for you but it works just fine for me.And no I don't need to use a less expensive line. I've been cruising O for over 15 years and Windstar for close to 30 years. Please save your condescension for another venue.

I was not being condescending. We do a 14 night trip once a year & we go for the upgrade. Do to our work schedule we can only cruise in the winter & like to go a little more all out when we do.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:25 PM, santos949 said:

Everyone is offended by EVERYTHING these days.  I cannot have a decent conversation with anyone because I worry about who will take offense.  It all just wears me out!  

It's why my spouse "dumped" this site. From a few response from some here, I can see why.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, clo said:

Perhaps @rbtan should have said "in their opinion."

"In our opinion!" My spouse bailed on this site for some of the remarks made by some. Some pax just get bent out of shape for no real reason. Seems the world is being paved with Egg shells. LOL!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I was not being condescending. We do a 14 night trip once a year & we go for the upgrade. Do to our work schedule we can only cruise in the winter & like to go a little more all out when we do.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. You told me to take a shorter cruise, or cruise a lesser cruise line. But you don't know my cruising history or my means. Others here know me well. I understand your comments, because you are new here and come in during a commercial break as it were. Happy cruising to you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I'm sorry that you feel that way. You told me to take a shorter cruise, or cruise a lesser cruise line. But you don't know my cruising history or my means. Others here know me well. I understand your comments, because you are new here and come in during a commercial break as it were. Happy cruising to you.

If you read my post, I never told you to do anything. I did say "perhaps", which is a suggestion. By the way I'm not new here. My spouse posted from 2004 until a year ago, when he dropped off the site. He had his opinions, but some seem to value only their own & no one else. That and some of the mindless bias. I used to sit with him & ask why he would get riled on what other pax(took me awhile to figure what pax meant )thought on a subject. The only people who should ever care are those paying for their own cruises. I do have my own opinions, but will likely keep them to myself. As to the $1500 DP. That is pretty steep, that's for sure. We'd book the inside as well & He'd surprise me with taking the upgrade. Sometimes I wish I had a frying pan handy when he did. LOL!