Using future cruise credit

armwinder

We have a cruise out of Rome to New York booked for the end of November this year, we are doubtful this will sail. Final payment is due at the end of July, should we decide to pay in full at that time and the cruise gets cancelled by NCL can the FCC be used to pay for other cruises already booked for 2022 or later.  It should be a no brainer however, who knows. We may be required to cancel and rebook.    

16 minutes ago, armwinder said:

2022 --------

As of right now, the cruise needs to be booked prior to Dec. 31, 2021 and sail date prior to Dec. 31, 2022. 

From NCL site:  https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?cheetahid=5000067297166&cid=EM_MKL_LTM_PGU_EML_img2_EML_PEACEOFMIND_LAT011021#freedom-flexibility

Any guest whose reservation was cancelled under Peace of Mind from January 1, 2021 forward, will have one year from issue date to redeem their future cruise credit. Peace of Mind FCCs issued prior to December 31, 2020, must be redeemed by December 31, 2021. All Peace of Mind FCCs are valid for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022.

I have 2 cruises booked for 2022 and have split my FCCs between them. If one or both are cancelled, I can take the FCCs and use them on other cruises as long as they are prior to Dec. 31, 2022. 

Obviously if the cruising hasn't restarted prior to these dates, NCL will need to change the terms of this Peace of Mind. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, armwinder said:

We have a cruise out of Rome to New York booked for the end of November this year, we are doubtful this will sail. Final payment is due at the end of July, should we decide to pay in full at that time and the cruise gets cancelled by NCL can the FCC be used to pay for other cruises already booked for 2022 or later.  It should be a no brainer however, who knows. We may be required to cancel and rebook.    

If you are doubtful this will sail,  why would you make final payment, and pay in full  to get an FCC?  Just take your deposit and run!  You never know what's going to happen.  Why would you want to have your money tied up,  and possible lost? Just my opinion,  but I can't see the advantage in this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

If you are doubtful this will sail,  why would you make final payment, and pay in full  to get an FCC?  Just take your deposit and run!  You never know what's going to happen.  Why would you want to have your money tied up,  and possible lost? Just my opinion,  but I can't see the advantage in this.

I think I misread your question.  You're already using FCC for the cruise that is booked,  and just want to transfer it to another cruise?  So no cash is involved?   My mistake,  sorry.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, jezabel80 said:

The issue would be if we cancel, (and probably will as things don't look real good for a November sailing right now) that would be final and we would look forward to next March hoping that cruise actually sails. A lot can happen between final payment and the departure date, hard to outright cancel then watch the ship sail. As we get older it is harder to plan ahead, not knowing what is around the corner. I have given the same advice as you in other posts and yes we have already canceled three other cruises and received our deposits back in a timely manner along with cruisenext credits. Many others in the same situation and waiting for our new normal. 

• Like 1