Seashore Aurea Restaurant

Gatrcruzer

For those of you who might have an inside scoop, just wanted to get a sense of whether the draft spec showing the Manhattan restaurant as the dedicated Aurea restaurant on Seashore will actually happen. We were considering an Aurea suite, but to be honest, that Manhattan restaurant looks packed, small, and dark (does not appear to have windows and/or blocked view from lifeboats). Not appealing. Does anyone know if the proposed restaurant for Aurea is still set for that location? If that is going to be the restaurant, I think we'd prefer Fantastica class this trip - get a slanty, big balcony and a restaurant with windows. It would save us around $1000. Yacht Club is out of our price range for this trip.

I've been looking at Seashore deck plans; I don't see a Manhattan restaurant, although the Deck 5 restaurant is not named.

My understanding of Aurea is that you have "anytime dining", whereas Bella and Fantastica have set times.  On Seaside, there were two large dining rooms, on Decks 5 and 6.  We were on Deck 6, towards one side, although I never noticed windows or otherwise.

I'm curious now, too, though we plan to stick with Bella as we like the set dining time.

On Deck 7 there is the Fifth Avenue Dining room where the lifeboats are.

Manhattan is at the back of the Port side next to the new show lounge and next to the lifeboats.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chrisfromco said:

I'm curious on this as well. We have always enjoyed the Blu restaurant on Celebrity with Aqua class cabins. I was hoping this would be something similar. Where did you find the draft specs? 

Someone else posted them on another thread - I have attached here. Sidari, thank you so much for confirming.  That was what I saw in the plans and itt doesn't look like an appealing location. 

SEASHORE_2020_techsheet_draft.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree that I'm worried about MSC using the Manhattan restaurant for Aurea.  I counted 240 Aurea cabins on Seashore which means at least 480, and more likely approaching 600, Aurea guests allotted to a restaurant that seats 192.  I don't see that working out well, perhaps they will use the 5th Avenue restaurant as overflow.  Looking at it graphically the tables do look packed together compared to the other MDRs and also when you look at the numbers Tribecca is the least dense while Manhattan is among the most dense.  Only Central Park is slightly more dense numerically.

I was also a little concerned that Seashore has 131 YC cabins giving a minimum of 262 and likely approaching 300 YC guests for a 180 person capacity restaurant.  Unfortunately in playing with the numbers I see there must be some errors.   None of the Seashore nor Seaview YC restaurant nor Top Sail lounge area numbers make any sense.  Comparatively Seaview YC has 128 seats in a 630 square meter restaurant, that's more than twice as much space per person on Seaview compared to Seashore's 180 people in 330 square meters.  I'm not sure where the error is but the Seaview YC restaurant is not nearly twice the size of Seashore's.  More consoling is numbers wise the ratio of YC passengers to YC restaurant seats is not too much higher on Seashore, less than 10% more.

• Like 1