Jump to content

Royal Caribbean Visa Card - Reward Points


Recommended Posts

"Points expire 5 years after the month they were earned". Has anyone read if Royal Caribbean is going to stick to this rule with 2020 sailings being a bust and maybe 2021 as well for a lot of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i had points expiring last year and added OBC to a cruise. Obviously the cruise was cancelled so i just took the FCC and rebooked another cruise and the OBC came with it. If you take a refund i believe you lose the credit. That may be different with the lenght of cancellation. best way to find out is call Bank of America

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email yesterday that states ”Points expire five years after the month they were earned”.    The odd part is that my account was closed  (because I did not use it for a certain amount of time) over a year ago, yet I am still on the email list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I called Bank of America at the number listed for rewards and although the person was very nice and helpful, they could not give me a conclusive answer.  They suggested that I call RCL.  I have not done that yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

i had points expiring last year and added OBC to a cruise. Obviously the cruise was cancelled so i just took the FCC and rebooked another cruise and the OBC came with it. If you take a refund i believe you lose the credit. That may be different with the lenght of cancellation. best way to find out is call Bank of America

You do lose the credit, they canceled my Majesty cruise, and I noticed they took the points off when the credit card was refunded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

You do lose the credit, they canceled my Majesty cruise, and I noticed they took the points off when the credit card was refunded.

i never took a refund..i took a FCC and when i rebooked with my FCC my OBC went to the new booking

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

i never took a refund..i took a FCC and when i rebooked with my FCC my OBC went to the new booking

Yes.. I saw that you wrote that.. I was just confirming that if you take a refund you lose the credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...