Royal Caribbean Visa Card - Reward Points

"Points expire 5 years after the month they were earned". Has anyone read if Royal Caribbean is going to stick to this rule with 2020 sailings being a bust and maybe 2021 as well for a lot of us.

i had points expiring last year and added OBC to a cruise. Obviously the cruise was cancelled so i just took the FCC and rebooked another cruise and the OBC came with it. If you take a refund i believe you lose the credit. That may be different with the lenght of cancellation. best way to find out is call Bank of America

• Like 1

I received an email yesterday that states ”Points expire five years after the month they were earned”.    The odd part is that my account was closed  (because I did not use it for a certain amount of time) over a year ago, yet I am still on the email list.

I called Bank of America at the number listed for rewards and although the person was very nice and helpful, they could not give me a conclusive answer.  They suggested that I call RCL.  I have not done that yet. 

15 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

i had points expiring last year and added OBC to a cruise. Obviously the cruise was cancelled so i just took the FCC and rebooked another cruise and the OBC came with it. If you take a refund i believe you lose the credit. That may be different with the lenght of cancellation. best way to find out is call Bank of America

You do lose the credit, they canceled my Majesty cruise, and I noticed they took the points off when the credit card was refunded.

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

You do lose the credit, they canceled my Majesty cruise, and I noticed they took the points off when the credit card was refunded.

i never took a refund..i took a FCC and when i rebooked with my FCC my OBC went to the new booking