July Final Payment

I am not sure what to think about my July cruise final payment. It is due next week. All conversations I have had with my TA is that CCL is not extending it. With June cruises pushed out later already, I will be making final payment on a July cruise before June cruises. I am not sure whether to take this as a positive or not.

21 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I am not sure what to think about my July cruise final payment. It is due next week. All conversations I have had with my TA is that CCL is not extending it. With June cruises pushed out later already, I will be making final payment on a July cruise before June cruises. I am not sure whether to take this as a positive or not.

Granted I've never worked with a TA before, but for my May cruise, I called Carnival directly in February to ask if they could bump my final payment.  I offered no details on why I needed to bump it - they asked "when can you make final payment" and I suggested to move it out a month and they had no problem with that.

2 weeks later my cruise was cancelled, no harm, no foul.

I get that. However, I am through a TA which will charge me unless CCL moves the date. Even if I call to get my final payment date moved, the TA will charge me. In the end, it really doesn't matter for me. The money is already set aside and will transfer to a November cruise if it is canceled. 

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I get that. However, I am through a TA which will charge me unless CCL moves the date. Even if I call to get my final payment date moved, the TA will charge me. In the end, it really doesn't matter for me. The money is already set aside and will transfer to a November cruise if it is canceled. 

Just curious - why'd you use a TA?

59 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

If Carnival will move the final due date, why would your TA have to charge you final payment? That seems unreasonable (and a bit suspicious) to me. 

It’s my understanding that you can’t call carnival directly to address such things when you have a travel agent involved, they will only speak to them.

So he’d have to call his TA and ask them to call carnival, which is time worked on this account.. I see no issue why that shouldn’t be billable..