RCCL visa credit card points question

Hello - I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this, I'm sure someone does :).

When you turn in some reward points for a cruise in the form of onboard credit, do you have to be "onboard" to use those?

Basically, being optimistic I have turned some in for a cruise in January 2022 towards onboard credit but would like to use

against shore excursions in cruise planner.  Is that possible or do I need to wait?

Thanks so much for your input.

Pre-COVID the RCCL Visa OBC $$ would appear about 7-10 days before the cruise for which they were redeemed.  Who knows how it's going to work now.  But to answer your question, yes, you will have SOME time to use that $$ prior to boarding and you can use it for purchases in the Cruise Planner.

I just did this for my July cruise on the Adventure. It showed up on my account in about 10 days . I purchased the soda package using it without any difficulty. It was also reflected on my cruise planner.

Go to "View My Cruise Points".  When it directs you to that page, there is a box on the upper right hand side that says "Redeem my Cruise Points".  Click on that box and it will bring you to the different choices in redeeming your points.  I called and transferred my OBC rewards from my cancelled June 2021 cruise to my June 2022 cruise.  It took 48 hours for it to appear on my RC account.  

Thank you but that’s was the way it was before they changed their cover page.  A few months ago.  I want it back the way it was.  I guess I’ll just have to call them but it is impossible to get live person.