UK guests - can you travel the day before

uktog

Hi

We are doing some research and wondering, with the included air which we receive, is it possible to travel the day before instead of on the day of the cruise as it looks like we would not arrive until 10pm?  Even though the ship does stay overnight it feels like we would lose too much of Day one. 

We know we can go two days beforehand for the rather expensive pre cruise add on but wanted just one night.  Do they offer one night add ons? (I know I can buy my own hotel night direct but maybe to have all the transfers etc I might prefer an all cruise line experience)

8 minutes ago, uktog said:

Hi

We are doing some research and wondering, with the included air which we receive, is it possible to travel the day before instead of on the day of the cruise as it looks like we would not arrive until 10pm?  Even though the ship does stay overnight it feels like we would lose too much of Day one. 

We know we can go two days beforehand for the rather expensive pre cruise add on but wanted just one night.  Do they offer one night add ons? (I know I can buy my own hotel night direct but maybe to have all the transfers etc I might prefer an all cruise line experience)

With the N/American T&C, when Air is included within the base fare, we can request to arrive early, but they have a deviation fee and we also give up the transfers from the airport to the ship.

20 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

With the N/American T&C, when Air is included within the base fare, we can request to arrive early, but they have a deviation fee and we also give up the transfers from the airport to the ship.

Thanks that would be ok to take if that was what it needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Thanks that would be ok to take if that was what it needed

I have found Viking to be very reasonable and open to negotiations.

For the 2020 WC, which we boarded in L/A, so only a 3 hr flight from Vancouver. I pointed out that if we missed the ship, Viking were responsible for flying us to Tahiti and about 10 days in hotels. While we rarely get snow in Vancouver, when we do, only a couple of inches shuts down the city and airport.

Viking accepted the risk, flying us down 2 days early, waiving the deviation fee. We paid for airport to hotel, but they arranged to pick us up from the hotel.

48 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I have found Viking to be very reasonable and open to negotiations.

For the 2020 WC, which we boarded in L/A, so only a 3 hr flight from Vancouver. I pointed out that if we missed the ship, Viking were responsible for flying us to Tahiti and about 10 days in hotels. While we rarely get snow in Vancouver, when we do, only a couple of inches shuts down the city and airport.

Viking accepted the risk, flying us down 2 days early, waiving the deviation fee. We paid for airport to hotel, but they arranged to pick us up from the hotel.

That is exactly the reason we do not want to risk an on the day - our weather can be very unpredictable - hey I say this as here we are in May and we have just had another flurry of snow and last night we had a record May overnight low temperature.  I am glad in Vancouver you manage to make it to a couple of inches before shut down, round here they don't seem to get beyond an inch sadly

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, Dave W 10 said:

Thanks for the link Dave, I would also add something to what I said in that post.

Travelling to the port early allows you to be one of the first on the ship. While you might have to wait until the afternoon for your cabin to be available (exact time depends on cabin category) you have the rest of the ship to enjoy in the meantime and the bars and several eating options will be available. 

We also use this time to secure extra reservations in the speciality restaurants via the Viking Voyager app which only works fully while on-board, but keep that to yourself we don't want everyone doing it, do we 😁

• Like 2