Good day,

Do you have any idea how long the restrictions on going ashore will last? Without the option of going ashore independently to explore as one chooses, many itineraries become of very limited interest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of today the CDC has lifted its prohibition for independent shore trips for fully vaccinated passengers.  Will Silversea allow independent shore trips?  I am specifically interested in the July 4th sailing around Iceland.

4 hours ago, delmardave said:

I am specifically interested in the July 4th sailing around Iceland.

Is the July 4th voyage even going?  I thought the Moon was the only ship sailing at that time, with the outside possibility of Silver Origin too.

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Is the July 4th voyage even going?  I thought the Moon was the only ship sailing at that time, with the outside possibility of Silver Origin too.

Silversea's latest statement on resumption of cruising, dated May 11, shows Whisper returning to service with this July 4 Iceland cruise. Iceland, unlike many parts of the world, appears to be ready to welcome tourists this summer. On the other hand, there's been no specific Silversea announcement about the Whisper returning to cruising, so perhaps in their rolling cancellations, they just haven't officially cancelled this cruise yet?

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

Silversea's latest statement on resumption of cruising, dated May 11, shows Whisper returning to service with this July 4 Iceland cruise. Iceland, unlike many parts of the world, appears to be ready to welcome tourists this summer. On the other hand, there's been no specific Silversea announcement about the Whisper returning to cruising, so perhaps in their rolling cancellations, they just haven't officially cancelled this cruise yet?

Yeah, I think that info is probably out of date.  Considering the big hullabaloo SS has made over the "New Start With A New Ship" webpage, I don't think any other ship is sailing other than the Moon or they would have listed it, along with its particular voyages, on this web page.  Just my two-cents.

Hello jollyjones,
Thank you very much for your message. I completely understand your point of view. 
As much as we all hope that restrictions are lifted as soon as possible and independent shore exploration becomes a reality soon, for the time being we must stick to our verified shore excursions as required by the European community protocol to restart cruising. Of course, we will keep our guests informed as soon as this situation begins to change.

Barbara

• Thanks 1