Transferring credits to new cruise / split credits

kleibo

My husband and I and another couple were going on a Southern this past Feb (cancelled).  The girls are now going on a cruise in October (no husbands).  I received the "request to transfer cruise credit" form to transfer our husbands' credit to us but how do we put our portion of the credit on the october cruise - do we use  https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx .  Hopefully this makes sense.  Thanks in advance

I'd call to make sure. Idk exactly but sounds like perhaps you had two cabins, or all 4 of you in one cabin? If you and the other wife each get $600 then you both have to book separate cabins to both get 600. So I'm not exactly sure what you are trying. 2 cabins to 1 new booking?

Yes we had two cabins in February, now have one cabin the wives are sharing.  The rep on the phone said we did not have to book two cabins.  He was like - Carnival doesn't care if you both want the $600 in one cabin.  Why are you saying we need to book two cabins?

Personally, I would wait until it looks for certain like they will be cruising again.  If that cruise ends of getting cancelled, then you would only get what onboard credits they are offering at that time, but not both.  We've transferred some onboard credits to cruises we had booked this year only to see those cancelled as well.  Had we waited, we would have had four sets (2-$600 and 2- $300) of onboard credits.  As it is now we only have two.  We have a cruised booked in September, but we are waiting until the last possible time or after they start back to apply one of our onboard credit offers to that cruise.