Deck 8 Cabins - Any comments on noise/disturbance

arlowood

We managed to bag one of the few remaining cabins on the 5th June sailing on Viking Venus. It is on Deck 8. 

This is one of the "UK Shores" cruises designed to comply with the UK Government restrictions on cruising.

Initially I was quite elated to have secured a cabin of any sort due to the high demand when the cruises were launched.

I'm now having a few concerns with respect to noise and disturbance due to the proximity to the main pool area which is often used for entertainment in the form of disco/band/dancing and film shows. The cabins are also above the main Explorers' Lounge where there may also be music sessions at various times.

I know we will be in UK waters in early June so the weather may not be conducive to entertainment sessions in the open (or closed) pool area.

Does anyone have any experience of these cabins and whether they are are prone to noise "pollution" from the pool area or Explorers' Lounge

4 hours ago, arlowood said:

Does anyone have any experience of these cabins and whether they are are prone to noise "pollution" from the pool area or Explorers' Lounge

We have been in 8019 3 times. The only noise we ever heard was some over zealous pax playing on the games deck above us (in the middle of the day). The games equipment is put away at 6pm so it is not an issue at night. That end of deck 8 gives easy access to the open area above the pool. We've done 3 warm weather cruises where the pool roof was open most of the time and had no issues with pool party noise etc.

From your post I gather you are at the 8000 / 8001 end of the hallway. I have read other posts from people who have stayed that end - all praise for the convenience of entry into the Lounge on deck 8 and no mention of noise.

The entertainment in the Lounge is usually low key - one person with a musical instrument etc so I would be surprised if you had any issues.

Just to confirm this, we have also been in 7002 (adjacent to the Lounge) and had zero issues with entertainment or other noise.

Relax, deck 8 is a great location -  you will be fine.

Enjoy the trip, LM

PS .. in rough weather you will feel it more on deck 8 - so head down to the Living Room on deck 1 for a cup of tea or something stronger.

Edited by Little Monty
extra info

Agree with Monty!  We were in 8000 on our last cruise and had no issues with noise whatsoever.  It was a winter cruise so games on deck 9 would not have been an issue but we were right next to the upper level of the Explorers Lounge and still all was quiet!  Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

We have stayed on the Deck 8 and loved it!  The upper deck of the Explorer Lounge is a short distance away and a great spot to relax with a cocktail.   Never had any noise problems from the Explorer Lounge below or the sports deck above at any time during our 15 day Viking Homelands cruise where we had our cabin on this deck.  

• Like 1

Thanks to all who contributed. I'm now much more relaxed about our cabin choice.

We are in one of the four DV1 cabins that have infiltrated the heady heights of the Penthouse Junior Suites on Deck 8.

I like the convenience of the Explorers' Suite being a few paces along the corridor and Mamsens is immediately below our cabin on Deck 7. The Main Restaurant, Manfredi's and Chef's Table are a bit more of a trek but in a small ship that's not really a major issue.

We normally like a high deck and are not adversely affected by ship movement in bad weather conditions.

I should have also mentioned in my previous post that the Explorer Lounge is basically a Lounge for conversation and viewing - no loud music. Vikings only spot that can get a little and I stress little noisy is Torshavn which is on Deck 2.   Viking passengers are not a very rowdy group.