Any one else on Oct 9 Freedom?

Gma&Gpa

We booked this about a year and a half ago - and still waiting of course to see if we are going to sail.  The frustrating part is that while we wait to see if we are cancelled for October, the cruise prices go up and up for the following spring.  I would hate to cancel it myself, only to find that a couple weeks later, it is cancelled by the cruise line and we would miss out on that OBC they've been giving out.  That would help make up some of the extra we will have to spend on the spring cruise.  What is your feeling on when we will know for sure?

There are other threads here about when they might restart. Seems that with all the recent ship movement back to U.S. ports, I like the chances for Oct. a lot more than I did a week ago.

We were scheduled for your cruise but switched to the Madi Gras in 2022. I think you may see some changes as Carnival has already said cruises won’t be longer than 7 days when things get going again. That will probably eliminate St Martin since it is the furthest travel distance. We were able to transfer our OBC from a 2020 cancelled cruise so everything worked out other than we won’t get the same ports. But the Madi Gras is a big upgrade.

We received an email a couple days ago, saying that they will be allowing 8 day cruises - so that is a PLUS.  Also, yesterday, when I checked for a "mock booking" for our cruise, it is the first time since  December that it has even shown as one that could be booked.  That might be a positive sign for us.  

We are booked on this cruise also.   We have a back up plan just in case it does not go ( hotel, car rental and entertainment and flights which are all refundable).    We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will sail and the email about allowing 8 day cruises was encouraging.    We are not going to cancel, if they make the decision to cancel it, then we benefit and will plan one in the future.

Hope to see you onboard!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...